I need to be heard!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Olivier

MB Enthusiast
Car
E300 TD
Hello,
my horn is really low... Silversallon gave me an old one from a 124 and it became really low as well...
Is there a Powerfull horn I could fit on the car, as anyone as one, mine at the moment is less loud then a moped and when I "tut" no one seems to hear it :doh:
I need to be heard!!! :p
Cheers.
Olivier

Are you getting proper voltage at the horn ?

If you are then just buy a new one - even from Halfords if you want to avoid paying through the nose from MB.

May be a stupid thing to say, but try using it.
I noticed that my horn was like a micro so started using it a lot and low and behold it started getting back to its old self.
A sure case of use it or lose it

Well, I try to use it, especially those days with the christmess time, seems like people are totally un-aware that they are driving. It seems that most are now all over the place, don't start at the green light, the light is green and instead of keep going they slow down or push on the brakes then you get the red light etc... ( this really piss me off) Dunno what is happening?
Maybe the voltage? I forgot, when I swap it mine was full of water ??? That can't be helpfull? I don'tknow why the water was stuck in it?
Olivier

Hi, Perhaps it was the wrong way up?

LOL: videos, any links:
this is what they say:

WARNING: HORNS PRODUCE EXTREME LOUDNESS
Use this product in a safe and responsible manner, at a distance of at aleast 100 feet from others.
Proper Hearing protection must be worn when using this airhorn. Hearing loss or permanent damage may result from unsafe use. Never operate this product in a closed environment or close to pedestrians or others.

Definitely you get heard with those. LOL :)

Hi,
Are you sure you have only one horn? As both my 202s have two, one Lo tone and one hi tone, have a look on the opposite side of the car as well, and see if there is any evidence of one there or ever being fitted.

Any of the old horns from 124's 126's etc are much louder than the plastic fantastic 202 and onwards ones...
As Andy says, make sure you get low tone and high tone, most genuine MB horns have the frequency stamped on them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom