I ordered a new c class estate yesterday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
Finally got one.
New c220 amg line premier plus auto estate with brilliant blue paint, airmatic, and black ash wood trim.
Originally I was after a petrol one but the wait was to long (Sept/Oct). The sport plus is due 2 rear tyres and big service incl gearbox oil, plus its depreciating quite fast. This new model is much quieter than my current c220 sport plus and I can get it soon.
This one will be mine before July :bannana:
This one was on order by the dealer as their next demo and I got a pretty good deal by comparing carwow etc just over £4k off. I will p/x my sport plus, and with an additional £6k depost its going to cost £311p/m. for 36 months
I got about 8% off list plus m/b contribution.
This will probably be my last Merc as I will be 65 at the end of the pcp and will then get something smaller and cheaper like a golf.
pictures will follow as soon as I get it.

Sounds very nice, great colour , same colour as I am having on my C350e ,can't wait to see the pics ,what colour interior have you gone for ?

Sounds very nice, great colour , same colour as I am having on my C350e ,can't wait to see the pics ,what colour interior have you gone for ?

Standard Black, I had considered grey but as this one is being built next week I went for it, the black ash will help with the fingerprints as I had onon test with gloss and it looked messy with marks all over it.

Its also got privacy glass.

On the spec it says "tyre sealent", so I'm hoping it has not got run flats

I ordered my C200 petrol saloon on May 7th for an October delivery.

If you wanted even a space saver tyre there is nowhere to store it unless you keep it loose in the boot. I have had a few flat tyes over the years so I know this is storing up trouble.

I had ordered a grey interior but the grey just covered the seat fronts and the top half of the door cards. The back of the seats were black as was the rest of the car so after a month of thinking about it I have changed the order to black as I think it looks odd.

The reason for grey in the first place is that I can remember having black vinyl seats like what is in this car without the real leather option. In those days cloth was considered posh and was an optional extra. Unless I covered the seats in a towel they were too hot to sit on when returning to the car on a hot sunny day. I wonder if things have changed?

Last edited:
The privacy glass will keep your interior cooler. Just try to park with the windscreen away from the sun.

Except that I won't have privacy glass. Oh well back to the 60's.

Clever people those Mercedes marketing people. When is vinyl not vinyl? When it is described as man made leather. I wonder how many people would be put off if the seats were described as vinyl or even plastic.

Except that I won't have privacy glass. Oh well back to the 60's.

Clever people those Mercedes marketing people. When is vinyl not vinyl? When it is described as man made leather. I wonder how many people would be put off if the seats were described as vinyl or even plastic.

Depends whether you ordered real leather or didn't specify in which case it will default to Artico. This version of the man made 'leather' is pretty good in my opinion, I have had it nearly 2 years and it's spotless.

Standard Black, I had considered grey but as this one is being built next week I went for it, the black ash will help with the fingerprints as I had onon test with gloss and it looked messy with marks all over it.

Its also got privacy glass.

On the spec it says "tyre sealent", so I'm hoping it has not got run flats

Yeah that black gloss was not for me too I went for the other wood option , I was going to go black interior but when I saw the gray with the brilliant blue I feel in love , I think mine has run flats are they not that good then ?

It was a tough call on the interior colour. The beige option is almost all beige apart from the black carpets. If the grey was almost all grey that might have swung it. Funny thing is that in some overseas markets this all grey option is available.

I was also worried about selling the car on as almost all C-Classes have black interiors so must be the preferred option with most people.

Really nice choice of spec and you managed to secure a good deal too! Nice one

I had ordered a grey interior but the grey just covered the seat fronts and the top half of the door cards. The back of the seats were black as was the rest of the car so after a month of thinking about it I have changed the order to black as I think it looks odd.
For me, this was the best thing about the grey. It's grey in he places where you can see it, but black where it's likely to get scuffed (or toddlers resting their feet in my case).

Best of both world IMHO.

For me, this was the best thing about the grey. It's grey in he places where you can see it, but black where it's likely to get scuffed (or toddlers resting their feet in my case).

Best of both world IMHO.
I am with you there , I would not ordered grey if it was all over :thumb:

Nice. I've one on order too.

Toyed with the idea of brilliant blue with grey interior myself but went with:

C250 Sport estate
Palladium Silver
Black Artico
360 degree camera
Privacy glass

In the end. Factory order so can still change spec, dealer reckons late November for delivery. Going to be a long wait.

Davm666 Yours sounds great, shame you have to wait though
I was lucky as the dealer had pre ordered mine for the director / demo but as it was 99% what I wanted I can get it very soon other wise like you it would have been end Sept early Oct.
I saw a silver one with red interior which looked really nice.
360 degree camera? as the car parallel parks itself don't they all have 360 vision?

The 360 camera option adds cameras under the wing mirrors and one at the front to give a full visual view as opposed to the standard 180 given by the rear camera.

Makes manoeuvring easier imho.

I watched a video on the 360 cam and I can not see the point of it , as the car parks it's self why would one need it

I watched a video on the 360 cam and I can not see the point of it , as the car parks it's self why would one need it
The car will only auto park itself in certain situations (parallel and bay park). It doesn't always like to (I've found the option isn't always there when you select reverse).

360 camera is like having a live satellite vie of your car. The cameras are very well stitched together and distortion hardly apparent. You line your car up to the parking bay and see any low obstacles on the side and front which would otherwise not be apparent.

360 camera was unfortunately not an option when I bought my S205 last year due to availability. I would definitely specify it if I bought another.

Incidentally, the self park is known to kerb rims in certain situations so YMMV.

Nice. I've one on order too.

Toyed with the idea of brilliant blue with grey interior myself but went with:

C250 Sport estate
Palladium Silver
Black Artico
360 degree camera
Privacy glass

In the end. Factory order so can still change spec, dealer reckons late November for delivery. Going to be a long wait.

Email from dealer today saying delivery expected to them now mid September. Those South African sofas must be big if you can find c class estates down the back of them.

I think the estates are assembled in Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom