I phone 7plus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gl boy

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes ML 350 , E220 cabriolet Amg premium plus , Porsche 968 sports
Wondering if anybody can help with this problem, just tried to wire my iPhone 7 Plus with the USB point and wire into Jack to and it's not recognising my phone also tried in Jack one and also not recognising my phone but both points are charging the phone !!! But not recognising the device ??? Any thoughts ?? , it works fine with the Bluetooth and I can play the music through Bluetooth and also make phone calls through the comand ,,, oh I better say it's a 2016 E class 400amg cabriolet Thanks Jon

Wondering if anybody can help with this problem, just tried to wire my iPhone 7 Plus with the USB point and wire into Jack to and it's not recognising my phone also tried in Jack one and also not recognising my phone but both points are charging the phone !!! But not recognising the device ??? Any thoughts ?? , it works fine with the Bluetooth and I can play the music through Bluetooth and also make phone calls through the comand ,,, oh I better say it's a 2016 E class 400amg cabriolet Thanks Jon

On my C-Class the USB port can be used for charging, and also for connecting a USB flash drive (e.g. containing mp3 files).

But the USB cannot be used for connecting an iPhone - this can be done either by pairing the iPhone as Audio Bluetooth Device (which you have done), or via the optional media interface kit / iPod adapter.

And given that the E-Class Cabrio is in fact based on the C-Class, it is likely that the USB port set up in your car is the same as mine.

Hope this helps.

On my C-Class if I plug my 7 Plus into one of the USB sockets then I can go to the corresponding media input in the audio 20 system and it will pick up any songs that are downloaded to my phone. It won't allow it to play songs through say Apple Music or Spotify.

As per markjay, I have a 2016 E350 S212 and USB ports charge but do not play any songs on phone.

The USB's and card reader along with Bluetooth do play music really well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It depends if your port and/or wire carries data as well as just the charge, in my w204 I can view and play what songs are downloaded on my phone via the cars system but anything external like Spotify/YouTube/soundcloud etc will have to be listened to via Bluetooth

Thanks guys for all your input , I guess I'll be having to keep the Bluetooth connected , but the sound quality isn't as good imo

Just tried my iPhone SE just via the data cable (Bluetooth disabled) and it played Spotify with no problem.

Just tried my iPhone SE just via the data cable (Bluetooth disabled) and it played Spotify with no problem.

On mine at least with apple music it'll play a song if you set it going via the phone but you can't control it other than skipping tracks with the car controller it all has to been done via the phone. it is possible though to change artists and albums and so on with the car controller if the songs are downloaded to the phone.

On bluetooth its only the skipping tracks no matter if it's downloaded or not.

I have the same problem on my 2013 cls with my iPhone 6 and any ipod, appears it could either be the firmware or the media cable from the interface to the phone, which cable are you using? the cables I have worked in my old 2010 cls

I have an iPhone 7 plus working on a S204 (late 2013) with command online 4.5 and multimedia interface option. How it works: You need multimedia interface cable for old iPhone dock connector (pre iPhone 5) Official Apple 30 pin connector to lightning adapter Fit all together Plug into the MI slot NOT USB and all is well with the world

Last edited:
pembssurf said:
I have an iPhone 7 plus working on a S204 (late 2013) with command online 4.5 and multimedia interface option. How it works: You need multimedia interface cable for old iPhone dock connector (pre iPhone 5) Official Apple 30 pin connector to lightning adapter Fit all together Plug into the MI slot NOT USB and all is well with the world
Cheers will try this

StuGraves said:
I can do this with my I phone 5 or my I pod too but not my I phone 7 plus

ash59fifty-uk said:
It depends if your port and/or wire carries data as well as just the charge, in my w204 I can view and play what songs are downloaded on my phone via the cars system but anything external like Spotify/YouTube/soundcloud etc will have to be listened to via Bluetooth
Will try another cable , thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom