I Phone cradle pairing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steveatki

I see that some users claim to have paired an I phone 4 with an I phone 3gs cradle using the bluetooth functionality.

Is it possible to connect any bluetooth phone to Iphone 3gs or Iphone 4 cradles?

Seems a cheaper option than an HFP unit or similar, ie. buy an Iphone cradle and then use it to pair with other phones as well as I phone. That way different drivers can connect when they use the car.

Is this too simple an option??:

I've read that the cradle has to be coded to enable the most recent iPhones to connect, ie the 4S wouldn't connect to the 4 cradle without the coding.

I've just fitted an iPhone 2 cradle and my 3GS works with it, and I'll try Mrs D's 4S later for you.

i have the 3gs cradle (mercedes one) ... and have successfully paired it with the iPhone 3, 3gs, 4, 4s and now use it with the iPhone 5. only thing i have done is attache a cable to the cradle to charge the phones as the phones are different shapes and would not fit in the cradle...

one of these for the iphone 5- Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m) - Apple Store (UK)

Great information, has anyone paired another bluetooth phone such as a nokia to an Iphone cradle?

I have tried pairing non iPhones with iPhone 3/3GS cradle in the past and it doesnt work. Connects, then disconnects a few seconds later (I guess after it has worked out what phone the pairing came from)

Same behaviour happened with 4S in 4 cradle until the firmware was updated, and 5 with 4S cradle.

Richard

I bought what appears to be a pre-3G cradle (A2048202351) and only realised after I'd bought it. A quick Google post-purchase suggested that t wouldn't charge a 3GS due to a voltage change, and wouldn't work with the 3G or newer.

Works a treat with my 3GS in and out of the cradle, Mrs D's 4S out of the cradle, and it charges my 3GS too. Bargain for £6 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom