i pod connection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scot

Car
CLC 220 CDI Sport
Some advice please,
I collected my new CLC today, well pleased. MB want £45 for a lead to connect an i pod to the 3.5 mm socket in the glove box, I have been told that you can get the same lead on line for a lot less, if so, does it connect from the i pod ear phone socket on the bottom or the wider, flatter socket next to it ? and where can you get them ?.
I'd appreciate any advice, many thanks.

im a distributor for logic3.

please advise what connection you have in the car etc and i can soruce u a product below retail

Some advice please,
I collected my new CLC today, well pleased. MB want £45 for a lead to connect an i pod to the 3.5 mm socket in the glove box, I have been told that you can get the same lead on line for a lot less, if so, does it connect from the i pod ear phone socket on the bottom or the wider, flatter socket next to it ? and where can you get them ?.

Something not quite correct here, if it is a 3.5mm jack that is being connected to then all you need is a double ended 3.5mm cable, probably cost pence (literally) - connect iPod headphone socket to glove box socket, these cables are often supplied with PC sound cards.

If it is a proprietary connection then it won't be connecting to a 3.5mm socket as it will be providing more sophisticated control of the iPod. The 3.5mm connector will only give audio out and all control will be via the iPod.

Mike

Some advice please,

As stated, the lead is a few pence thats all.

You could have the full MB ipod kit fitted which is controllable from the car and charges the ipod.

Hi scot, been round this loop myself but ended up just burning 10 off MP3 CDs with 100 tracks per CD (@192kbps). Advantages:
1. inexpensive.
2. easy to do from your existing iTunes library (make sure they're mp3 & not AAC format - let me know if you don't know how to do this).
3. full track control (via steering wheel) & display (on instrument cluster)
BTW, I am assuming you new CLC is MY2009 with standard Audio 20/50.

If you prefer going the ‘Aux’ connector route then, as others rightly say, a cheap 3.5mm-3.5mm stereo jack lead from iPod headphone output will do the job but in my experience the audio level is significantly lower relative to the CD/radio volume (not a problem until you switch from Aux and blow your eardrums to bits! :eek: ). Another alternative is to get one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000FMSY74/?tag=amazon0e9db-21 (see The Boss :) ) and use the iPod’s ‘dock’ connector (that’s the ‘wider, flatter socket’ you refer to). Again, I found the volume to be lower but it does have the advantage of disabling the iPod’s volume ‘wheel’ (ie output volume is always max possible).

Or you can of course go the full MB ‘iPod Interface’ route (gives full control/display, etc). The parts you’ll need are:
B6 782 4501 – iPod/iphone holder (optional)
B6 782 4502 – cars without HK audio system (code 810) or
B6 782 4503 – cars with HK audio system (code 810)
But I’ll end there and leave this aspect to experts like Alfie :cool: .

Hope that’s some help. Masher.

thanks

masher uk,
many thanks, was'nt sure how to burn a CD, but followed your advice, and with a bit of experimenting and trial & error and I now have six CD's with all my favorite tracks on.
Many thanks,
Scot.

i bought a 3.5 mm cable of ebay. 99p incl P&P. works a treat. Audio sound is not as good as a CD mind you

My bitrate

After faffing about I have settled on 256k variable bit rate.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom