I preferred Ebay when you could see who else was bidding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nat

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS55, 911t, 3dr Cosworth, MT 10.
I caught a guy who had his daughter bid his phones up to the max price he wanted then once another bid came in the daughter stopped. And if she got caught with them he would cancel the sale saying item was faulty so they was no fees worth ,then put in back on in a day or 2.

Reactions: Nat
Not ignoring the shill bidding but the fact that this is in the description/title :

"10SRVC, 1LDY OWNR, REAR SCRNS, LEATHER, NAV ETC**"

I'd be out at that point.

Well that mob have been on ebay for years,there big thing is as long as you turn up and look at the car you do not have to buy it and they allow you to test drive the car,of course some of the bidding is questionable,and the odd one that slips past them sometimes never arrives at their site,you just have to look at the comments to get some idea of whats going on.

Irrespective of the morals of people bidding on their own items, I don’t really see the problem - when I bid on something, I bid my maximum and leave it at that.

The real culprits in this are eBay for charging such a high rate for a reserve price; I’ve just put my Alltrack up for sale and the auction cost is a very fair £10 yet a reserve costs another £8...

Well that mob have been on ebay for years,there big thing is as long as you turn up and look at the car you do not have to buy it and they allow you to test drive the car,of course some of the bidding is questionable,and the odd one that slips past them sometimes never arrives at their site,you just have to look at the comments to get some idea of whats going on.

I've bought 2 cars from them before and they were pleasant to deal with. That was when they used to take there pictures with nice scenery of plants behind the cars.

Irrespective of the morals of people bidding on their own items, I don’t really see the problem - when I bid on something, I bid my maximum and leave it at that.

Agreed. I went to my max and left it. No doubt it'll be listed again.

Ebay is no good for selling any more unless its a classified ad.

I find it can be good for buying and autotrader for selling.

I sold my ML last week and the wife doesn't like the Cayenne meaning I need another ML. I want a petrol this time as it'll only be doing short journeys and a max of 4k miles per year. Trying to find one that it isn't £500+ car tax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom