I really don't get it - impossible to get part # and / or parts (E63S) - specifically carbon trims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jibbajabba

SUPPORTER
Car
E63S
I am still in the process of 'wondering' what to do next with my W213 E63S ... There are two things I kinda hated not to have when I picked my pre-reg up - ok three. First was the HUD - but never had one, so really don't miss it.

But then also I would have bought it with carbon interior and night package. A lot of things from the night package can be done later - which I have done (like painting chrome parts even more so than the night package), but the dark tailpipes come at a premium.

I found some after marked ones that aren't too bad but the bottom line is - I can get it somehow - if money weren't an object.

What I CANNOT find anywhere (not settled if it would be worth the cash but one can look and think about it) - are the carbon trims. The only ones I was able to find are shoddy after market or European ones.

So I rang several Merc garages and ask if they can a. order b. fit or c. give me at least the part numbers. Nada, no one was willing or able to get me one. Now I argued that surely an e63s with carbon trim should be able to get spare if parts are broken - but for some reason it is a no go.

ANYONE an idea how to get around that - if at all ?

Do many w213 come with the HUD.

I have seen one - although I was confused as the configurator at the time didn't even allow me to spec it .. same with carbon trim ...

I thought some stuff sometimes is only available for edition 1 cars but I saw one young than me with 100 miles on the clock on autotrader that had carbon trim, night package and HUD ... so confused ...

ANYONE an idea how to get around that - if at all ?
They don’t give out part numbers and won’t order anything that isn’t spec’d on your car

Someone who has the same car with the carbon pack would be able to order them with their reg; worth asking on here

Last edited:
Taking into consideration the cost of carbon trim, plus you thinking about an exterior colour change I suspect this may work out cheaper?

S213 E63s

@Jibbajabba For carbon trims, you might want to check out Ocarbon in the USA (they work with customers internationally too) - I've not used them myself, but I've heard good and bad things about them (depending upon whether you look at Google or Yelp reviews)

Regarding HUD, that was one of my must have options when searching for a used C class as I've had it on cars before and find it very useful.

Taking into consideration the cost of carbon trim, plus you thinking about an exterior colour change I suspect this may work out cheaper?

S213 E63s
Haha no thanks. Not gonna buy an older car with higher mileage lol ..

Oh and bear in mind - I am not doing it all. I am currently collecting ideas what I want to do and then decide if it is worth the cash. I am not putting another 20 or 30k into the car.

@Jibbajabba For carbon trims, you might want to check out Ocarbon in the USA (they work with customers internationally too) - I've not used them myself, but I've heard good and bad things about them (depending upon whether you look at Google or Yelp reviews)

Regarding HUD, that was one of my must have options when searching for a used C class as I've had it on cars before and find it very useful.

Yea found them too but yea - would rather go local and they got 0 for the 213 or the 212 for that matter. Besides, importing parts from a non UK country (or rather non RHD country) would mean the trims are reversed.

Haha no thanks. Not gonna buy an older car with higher mileage lol ..

Oh and bear in mind - I am not doing it all. I am currently collecting ideas what I want to do and then decide if it is worth the cash. I am not putting another 20 or 30k into the car.

Yea found them too but yea - would rather go local and they got 0 for the 213 or the 212 for that matter. Besides, importing parts from a non UK country (or rather non RHD country) would mean the trims are reversed.
@Jibbajabba You send your trim there from your UK spec car for them to add on the carbon fibre

@Jibbajabba You send your trim there from your UK spec car for them to add on the carbon fibre
Ah no chance. Not gonna send my trims to the US. I’ll be without car for weeks (this is my daily). And even if I buy some used trim and send that. Will still likely cost more than retail. Might actually look through car ads and grab the vin and see if I can get prices for the trim that way.

Interesting. I mean Yiannimize do carbon PPF too but they don’t do small jobs. Will check out the dipping place.

@Bobby Dazzler Heh you might be on to something there. The examples they posted look great. Might actually give them a right tomorrow. Will be interesting to hear if the parts can be PPFd after dipping. I see they do both inside and out.
Tried to look at web. It we site seems down / incorrect so phone it is.

You could buy a set of used trims and send them over to Poland. There is a chap called Matt
@carbon_revolte on insta.
He carbon skinned all my interior trims for my C63.

He may be able to source the trims himself. May be worth asking.

If you need pics of his work, PM me and will send you some pics via whatsapp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom