I salute you Mr SLR !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Read my post again :).....as long as no one was in danger what's the problem?

I'd like to agree with you but massive speeds and massive egos are not a good mix on the public roads.
There are places called 'race tracks' but they aren't much liked - something to do with them having corners that require skill.

Oh yes, it’s all relative, jealousy is a cruel mistress which I’m finding more and more just recently lol !!

I only wish I had 500 bhp. No, sorry, syntax error there; I wish I had only 500 bhp. I'm sooo jealous...:D

So where can we drive our cars the way they were designed, in a spirited manner?

Nowhere, on public roads. It's a bummer.

As long as no other road user was in danger then what's the problem?

The coppers and the courts. That's a bummer too.

I only wish I had 500 bhp. No, sorry, syntax error there; I wish I had only 500 bhp. I'm sooo jealous...:D

Jail time can be a proper bummer.

I wasn’t boasting, just factual, I know my appendage satisfies ;)

You’re right but it is what it is !

Get a good solicitor

So where can we drive our cars the way they were designed, in a spirited manner, if a motorway is verbotten? We may as well all buy a Nissan Leaf and poodle around whilst not disturbing our fellow drivers and local wildlife and then die from a boring existence. As long as no other road user was in danger then what's the problem.

Or do it where its legal?

What's up with you guys? The OP stated he was on a motorway and kept within the speed limits, why is this a problem?

Yes, I'm sure that happened.

m7hw6.jpg

Blimey..............that's me done on this one :wallbash:

Don't be daft...if a C63 could barely keep up with an SLR on a motorway...what speed were they doing? And...is the M4 ever not busy? He was a tit for both doing it and then proclaiming it on here.
The M4 is quite a long motorway and coming back from wales a few times , I have observed many other cars being driven at 90+mph for extended periods .

Derestricted section of autobahn is the only place where these cars can really stretch their legs.
As for C63 keeping up with SLS, yeah right... The guy in the SLS (with diplomatic immunity) was probably p!ssing himself watching the C63 trying to keep up.

Only kidding, if you say you was keeping up with it, fair enough.

Yep, outside of rush hour most of the M4 past J13 is pretty quiet.

Indeed. Happens quite a lot and even in rush hour, it didn't used to be too bad.

Oops better not repeat my 1/4 mile drag with the Maclaren on here then, mind you in my defence we were the only 2 cars on the stretch of road I mean Autobahn at the time [emoji33][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Definitely worth discussing the quarter mile drag hahaha.

Ofcourse for some, as opposed to driving really fast, there is a lot of joy to be exploited from a car's handling ability.

The A482 in wales is probably the best combination of wide lanes, great twisties, very little traffic and smooth asphalt that I've had the honour of driving up and down. All it lacks is good views but these would be a distraction in all honesty because the road just gives thrill after thrill. There is no need to speed on the right roads. Brecon beacons has other stunning roads with stunning views too as does Snowdonia. getting off the M4 onto the A470 starts proceedings off in the best way possible . A4067 A4069 etc etc there is absolutely no need to go to Germany and hop onto an autobahn IMO :) Not sure whether comfort orientated cars are the ideal option here but certainly a beastly c63 would feel right at home on such roads.

That's ofcourse not the case if you want to want to hit the speed limiter on your car ofcourse...

here's a chap having the time of his life on a small section of the A482...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He was fortunate that the car coming the other way was a few seconds later when he went through the narrow bridge! Also exceeding the speed limit on several occasions. I'm all for making progress, but limits should be adhered to.

Derestricted section of autobahn is the only place where these cars can really stretch their legs.
As for C63 keeping up with SLS, yeah right... The guy in the SLS (with diplomatic immunity) was probably p!ssing himself watching the C63 trying to keep up.

Only kidding, if you say you was keeping up with it, fair enough.
'twas an SLR.

Reading's all right, but Slough's not much kop...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom