I saw one of those Maclaren

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

esox

SLR`s yesterday-i was walking along the pavement when i saw what i thought was a new SLK, after a couple of seconds gawping i realised it was a SLR.
It just ambled past on a trailing throttle so i didnt hear the awesome noise,but it was funny having seen one right in my home town(how many in the UK are there 5/6?)-the last place i thought i would have seen such a car -little old Romsey in Hampshire.(its also where Charlie Dimcock lives-she drives a bright yellow Skoda pick-up...)

I saw a black one in Knightsbridge last night at around midnight ...

C240Sport97 said:
I saw a black one in Knightsbridge last night at around midnight ...

That was the Black Rider. :D

If you want to see one or more (i've seen lots), then simply frequent the A320 between Ottershaw and Woking and you will see one.

Funnily enough just the other week Mclaren had the old bill camped outside their entrance with some rather professional security guards in tow evicting some travellers from their land.

Saw another one yesterday. Black with German SL:R plates. Pulled into the shell garage just past the Harvester on the A320 last night. I'll get some pictures next time.

The shell garage is also a Rohohohver dealer. The SLR just made all the Rohohohovers look so cheap and nasty. Everyone stopped and stared at it.

Saw my first Maybach Monday in the City. Big, quality finish but is it worth 2 S Classes? Not sure.

there was a Ferari Enzo (LHD, aren't they all?) in red in my underground garage last week. screeched to a halt, took 2 pics with phone, which won't download to my PC, so can't post the pics !!

Your starter for 10.

Who was the first person in the UK to take delivery of an SLR. And prang it soon after?

Satch said:
Your starter for 10.

Who was the first person in the UK to take delivery of an SLR. And prang it soon after?

The only people I can think of would be either Rowan Atkinson (Pranged his F1) or the MClaren test driver who pranged an F1 on the Harvester (formerly and more corrctly known as The Otter) roundabout on the A320? Dunno, give up who was it?

C240Sport97 said:
there was a Ferari Enzo (LHD, aren't they all?) in red in my underground garage last week. screeched to a halt, took 2 pics with phone, which won't download to my PC, so can't post the pics !!

You beat me on that one. Havnt seen one on the road yet. Would this be `your` undergound garage where you live or where you work? Either way a neighbour or a work colleague has some serious cash for insurance!

it's here again tonight ....

taken a load more pics. it's parked illegally because it's too wide for the standard space. Last time, the space next to it was empty. Tonight, its space was cramped by a Clio.

rumour has it that it belongs to a rock star

Alfie said:
You beat me on that one. Havnt seen one on the road yet. Would this be `your` undergound garage where you live or where you work? Either way a neighbour or a work colleague has some serious cash for insurance!

I have seen that same (im guessing) SLR on the road from romsey to andover...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom