I spent my Sunday cleaning...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

James Rothwell

Car
S500L (W220) PREV- S600L (W140),3x E320, E280, E240, S500, 450SLC, E300D Wagon
So I spent a few hours today cleaning my W220.
The bonnet and front bumper is really chippy so I'm going to have to have a proper go at that next saturday I think.

Other than that it came up really well. Does anyone know what wheels mine are supposed to be off? Is it a W211 or something? Does anyone have some standard 16" W220 alloys and tires for sale as I'm not keen on these wheels, what are your thoughts?

james-rothwell-albums-w220-s500-l-picture1953-front.jpg

james-rothwell-albums-w220-s500-l-picture1954-rear.jpg

james-rothwell-albums-w220-s500-l-picture1955-photo.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the photos, no EOS with me just the crappy iPhone camera.

Spec on my car includes-

• Heated front and rear seats
  • Ventilated front and rear seats
  • Electric front and rear seats
  • Massaging front seats
  • Comand
  • Xenons
  • Parktronic
  • UV Glass
  • Auto Wiper/Light
  • Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
  • Fridge behind rear armrest
  • Table in n/s rear
  • Remote control for Comand
  • 6CD Changer
  • BOSE (or so the VIN decoder insists but I can't find the amp)
  • Lumbar adjustable rear seats
  • KeyLess GO
  • Telephone built into front armrest
  • Electric steering column
  • Electric rear blind
  • Electric sunroof
Also whilst messing with the car earlier, I discovered that the rear view mirror is also electric and I moved it by accident and then pressed '1' on the door (my memory setting) and the rear view mirror moved back into place! At first I wasn't too keen on this car from the W140 S600 but after using this car for a while now and doing a few thousand in it, I really like it. I'm off to Germany next week in it which I'm really looking forward to!

Very, very nice James. Time well spent indeed.

Agree with you about the wheels, very - spindley. What to replace them with though?

Brabus replicas maybe?

I'm assuming you'd have spotted the logo is genuine!!

PS Looks lovely by the way!!

Agreed, the wheels don't quite go with the car, look a bit 'bolt on' & 'aftermarket' IMHO

Love the car though! :)

A nice looking car there :)

I agree about the wheels. They look OK, but a bit too sporty for a S-class. A more solid faced wheel would suit better INHO.

Worth every minute - it looks lovely.
And the wheels look just fine to me!

Thanks guys, I'm happy with the work I've done today.

I'd rather some small wheels with more tire wall to cushion the blows from the road. I'll keep my eye on eBay for some 16" genuine w220 alloys with decent tyres. I doubt they will be much as most people will want larger wheels I would have thought?

It looks great :thumb:

There is a set of 16" alloys on ebay:

LINK

Thought I recognised my wheels from somewhere.
Image stolen from BTB photo gallery.

btb-500-albums-my-2007-w639-vito-120-dualiner-picture771-rather-nice-bodykitted-v8-viano.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm happy with the work I've done today.

I'd rather some small wheels with more tire wall to cushion the blows from the road. I'll keep my eye on eBay for some 16" genuine w220 alloys with decent tyres. I doubt they will be much as most people will want larger wheels I would have thought?

Only thing about going that small is to make sure the alloys clear the brakes on the front. I can't even remember what the W220 S600 came with as standard size wise. Look at your spare , thats normally the smallest that can clear the brakes.

Lovely looking car btw , i don't mind the wheels personally. Nice and easy to clean :)

Car looks really good! Well done!
I've just spent 600miles in the CLS over the weekend getting it dirty in the horrible conditions:(
:doh:

I have a set of genuine AMG rims going cheap (of an S Class AMG)

Fancy doing mine next? Just done 1400 miles on wet, salty motorways across Europe. Dirty isn't the word!

Think I'll let the predicted rain for the next few days wash the worst off before I clean it.

James:The car look`s lovely and even though the alloys are replicas,they suit the car nicely.Ps i`ve got the same alloys on mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom