I Suppose It's TIme I Posted Something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
Still trolling around in the Skoda and not doing may miles on the GSA - same old same old really, but a nice chat with Sweetpea last week made me wonder what you lot are up to, and who's still around?

Much as I'd like to get back into another E Class estate, I think it would have to be non AMG and old enough to not be nickable, so that would take me backwards in technology :(

Here in sunny Birmingham they are introducing a clean air zone to stop polluting vehicles entering the city, (I need to cross the city regularly) and my 2015 Skoda is Euro 5 not Euro 6, so an older diesel E Class would be out of the question. CGi might be the answer, subject to the not nickable bit.

I was telling Lee about my time spent on a BMW motorcycle forum, where they believe in self censorship (read no censorship) and literally anything goes - think graphic threads on toilet habits, what you did to your neighbours wife, the frequency and strength of one's ejaculation etc etc and you get the idea...all from a place where the demographic of the members is 50+, educated etc - weird.

Good to hear from you and that all is well! It’s been a while.

Plenty of us still posting, although maybe not as much as in previous years.

Jules

Welcome back fella.

It's been a while.

Hope all is well with you and your lot!

I hope events have not left anything long lasting.

Yay! Great to hear from you John!! :thumb:

Nice to see you back John and would be nice if you could get to the Benz on the Green GTG this year for a catch up.
Benz On The Green 2020 REGISTRATION OPEN!

As for the Beemer forum, sounds perfect for you;)

It's unlikely Rog - my lad has a gig on the Sat night and I need to take him, so it would be a very long day for me, as we load up and set off at about 6pm.

Good to see you posting again, John. It’s been quieter without you.

The GS forums were a weird lot. I got blackballed after a meet because instead of the obligatory tw*t suit, I rocked up in jeans, combat boots and a particularly lairy custom painted TourX, making barely a dent in the average age.

That said, my exuberant overtake under the bridge onto the Hogs back may have also had something to do with it.

Good to hear from you again John.

Grab a Honda Accord estate... great cars for a run around.

Good to see you've still got the lovely Lexus Peter- is it the same one I saw at BOTG last time I was there - a red one?
Face lift version now and Azure Blue with red leather ;)

Good to see you posting again, John. It’s been quieter without you.

Thanks Ted - on that BMW forum I'm positively meek - it's very much an acquired taste :eek:

Reactions: Ted
Good to hear from you again John.

Grab a Honda Accord estate... great cars for a run around.

Thanks - only the Skoda Superb has the same rear loadspace as an E Class, and it's that space that I need.

Great to know your OK John, was only thinking the other day how good your
house restoration thread was and how much we miss yours and Charles Morgan ' s
Interesting projects

Thanks - only the Skoda Superb has the same rear loadspace as an E Class, and it's that space that I need.

Have you thought about a 'posh' VW T5/6?

They're everywhere down here.

Great to know your OK John, was only thinking the other day how good your
house restoration thread was and how much we miss yours and Charles Morgan ' s
Interesting projects

Thanks Colin - I'm doing an auction project right now - it's going well so far - the difficulty these days is getting them, as every man and his dog thinks it's easy. We go to viewings where there are 20 to 30 other people wandering round.

Welcome back John. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom