I think he means replica AMG alloys??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would hate to see the condition of the arches with those "awful" chrome liners removed as I am sure there is probably rust there too that he si trying to cover up.

The alloys are defnitely replicas and if they were in mint condition and not suffering from corrosion then in my opionion would look very good.

Flash said:
I would hate to see the condition of the arches with those "awful" chrome liners removed as I am sure there is probably rust there too that he si trying to cover up.
Even if there was genuinely no rust before those chrome things went on there is probably rust there now ;) . I wonder what it'd look like if the covers were painted bodycolour...
Flash said:
The alloys are defnitely replicas and if they were in mint condition and not suffering from corrosion then in my opionion would look very good.
It's the same price to refurbish rims whether they're replica or genuine AMG, but it's probably only worth refurbing the real deal, you could buy some of the same reps for the price of a decent refurb! ;)

Shude said:
Even if there was genuinely no rust before those chrome things went on there is probably rust there now ;) . I wonder what it'd look like if the covers were painted bodycolour...

It's the same price to refurbish rims whether they're replica or genuine AMG, but it's probably only worth refurbing the real deal, you could buy some of the same reps for the price of a decent refurb! ;)

Refurbishment of 18" alloys would cost around £50/60 from a reputable place. "Decent" replicas that are manufactured in Italy similar to the ones as shown on the car would cost approximately £140 per wheel (so I think that the wheel refurbishment would work out cheaper...) ;)

Most people that fit chrome arches either have no taste/class or simply do so to cover up the rust.

Flash said:
Most people that fit chrome arches either have no taste/class

:D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom