I think I am going to pull the plug very soon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good news, I have waived goodbye to the A-Class. Time to shop around, except, I have to rely on public transport now

Would you say YES or NO to a stop gap cheap runaround car {old petrol Accord / Corolla / S40 or golf / passat tdi}? At the end of the day a big nice diesel Skoda is what I want, and they look a bit like E class Mercs from distance.

what about a volvo s60.

02 plates are going for 2 grand

If looking at Skoda the 2.0 TDI 140 or 170 is the way to go. Fantastic engine. My son had an Octavia that he did 130k in over a year, no problems at.

At the moment he has a Peugot 3008, he knows the local hire company very well now.

If looking at Skoda the 2.0 TDI 140 or 170 is the way to go. Fantastic engine. My son had an Octavia that he did 130k in over a year, no problems at.

He was very lucky with that engine then, because it is one of the worst I've ever come across for reliability. It's shocking.

Very prone for injectors failing at £850ish EACH + labour and there's four of them...

He was very lucky with that engine then, because it is one of the worst I've ever come across for reliability. It's shocking.

Very prone for injectors failing at £850ish EACH + labour and there's four of them...

I have found many reports of 2.0 TDI going wrong in different ways. Injector and turbo failures seem to be quite common. Skoda's seem to have slightly better version of it though - Passats 2.0 also fail with oil pump issues, destroying the whole engine. So I am going to avoid that engine even if it has more torque.
I haven't heard anything bad about 1.9 TDI so far, except that it is "agricultural". Well, that doesn't matter for as long as it is reliable and economic.

Had an audi A6 with 1.9tdi 130bhp for 3 yrs from nearly new (05 plate). No engine problems at all in that time although didn't achieve anywhere near manufacturers mpg figures.

Well... I now bough myself a SEAT Toledo 1.9 TDi in silver. Hopefully this will bring trouble free motoring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom