I think I may have dodged a bullet !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merc220cls

SUPPORTER
Car
220 CLS Shooting Brake & 350 SL
OK so I’m the wrong side of 69 and have a touch of asthma controlled by use of my inhalers.

At the beginning of the week I had a headache which wasn’t going away, Perhaps it’s just with me being “cooped up” I thought plus I’m very sensitive to bright light and can be seen wearing shades at any time of the year, but later in the day I was aching all over and had a slight temperature. With alarm bells ringing I obviously didn’t get a good nights sleep.
Through Tuesday (I think anyway) things weren’t getting any better. Taking a couple of paracetamol eased things for around 6 or 7 hours but the headache was still with me. And over the next couple of days with the symptoms the same, I have to admit I was getting worried the only saving grace was I didn’t have a cough.

Fortunately for me my wife is a nurse, well retired now for around five years but she was a darned good nurse even nominated for Nurse of the Year at the Scottish Health awards several years ago. I was in her care so to speak.
Yesterday my headache was so bad I spent most of the afternoon in bed which is just not me. I think even the missus was worrying a bit overhearing some of the phone calls.
Last night I perked up a bit but again saw through almost every hour on the clock as my in built time clock is completely out of kilter.
Normally at this time of year we are relaxing in our caravan but with this horrid Covid 19 situation we are restricted to the conservatory. This afternoon the temperate appears back to normal and thank God the headaches all but gone but I keep thinking have I just dodged a bullet.

I feel for all those folks who have been affected by Covid 19 and I know I’ve said I’m “cooped up” at least I have a decent sized garden and have a lovely countryside view stretching for miles to admire. There are many perhaps even on here who don’t have such privileges.

I sure I’m on the mend thankfully albeit feeling a little weak but I’m sure the homemade soup tonight will help.

Have as nice an Easter as you can everyone and please stay safe and inside, I know it’s very difficult for some but it’s for your own good.

Wishing you a speedy full recovery :thumb:

Hi,
Glad to hear you are feeling better today.
However - make sure your wife keeps a good eye on you for the next 7-10 days.
I don’t want to alarm you - but people can feel better but then get worse about 7 days after their symptoms first appeared.
Don’t go mending the roof or running a marathon until you are fully recovered!!
Take care of yourself!
Cheers
Steve

Hi,
Glad to hear you are feeling better today.
However - make sure your wife keeps a good eye on you for the next 7-10 days.
I don’t want to alarm you - but people can feel better but then get worse about 7 days after their symptoms first appeared.
Don’t go mending the roof or running a marathon until you are fully recovered!!
Take care of yourself!
Cheers
Steve
Sounds like some good advice that Boris ignored. (Not that I saw him climbing over the roof of No 10.)

Get well soon, but take the advice about taking it easy, give your body a chance to heal itself

Sounds like some good advice that Boris ignored. (Not that I saw him climbing over the roof of No 10.)

I remember early on in the CV TV updates Boris and co. were giving that Boris was suggesting they should run them via video - but by then I think he'd got it and was close to get it as most of those around him also got it.

I don't think they took it that seriously at the start like many I imagine.

Many thanks for all your thoughts and comments.
After my post I had a little set back with the high temperature back and the sweating, even I was getting worried and all I was thinking about was my grand children.
I have to say the missus came up trumps ( can I say that word ! ) with regular doses of paracetamol and after a couple of days I was up and running, well not quite as I still feel a bit weak.
I managed outside yesterday for the first time in about 10 days and earlier today managed a short walk but the "nurse" insisted in coming along with me.
This dammed thing is getting too close as we now have a recorded death in our village so please keep away from outside contact until this is over. We've been self isolated for about five weeks now but somehow I picked up a virus which the missus is almost sure was a mild form of the corona virus.
Tomorrow we should have been flying out to Malta for our regular visit but now I wonder when will we see our friends again.

Once again thanks everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom