I think I want a 560 SEC...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

harryk

Car
This and that..
I keep changing my mind about this, but of the contenders (c126, r107, 928, 840ci) I always come back to the 560 SEC....

I'e be interested in finding out if anyone is thinking of selling up a 560 in the near future. I'm in no rush, and don't mind if there is work to be done to bring it up to scratch, as long as it isn't a complete dog.

i know a sec amg for sale, depends what your budget is?

Thanks for you input!

I feel that between 6-9k should get a good example, and less for a decent one that needs a bit of work. I'm looking for something as close to standard as possible though, no bodykits etc

Just make sure you get the SEC's usual rust area's checked out.

Thanks guys, there's been a lovely smoke silver one on the market from a dealer in Notts for ages- I'm guessing that the brown velour puts off a chunk of the market for them.
I missed out on a lovely black/black leather advertised at a dealers in Wiltshire, or so I thought until I saw it in this months Classic Mercedes. For £3k more than a month ago! I'm not paying for someone's whimsical price!

Last edited:
Wow, it really is fantastic, but the period angular bodykits never did it for me. those wheels, however....

Also about £10k over budget!

Shame you want a standard one - this is a stunning car:

Mercedes 560SEC AMG | Synergy MotorsSynergy Motors

I thought that sold for circa £13K? I wonder if the sale fell though:dk:

I owned a 560SEC for a number of years.

That and the Aston Martin Vantage 580 X-Pack were my dream cars. The Merc was affordable, the AM is just getting further out of reach.

I loved my SEC, it was the only "old" car I've ever bought that drove exactly as I thought it would. Plenty of power, but no sports car, just a lovely powerful cruiser.

I regret selling mine. I've asked Jay if he wants to part with his Blue SEC and I've thought long and hard about buying Nav's car in the link above - but it's just too personal for my taste despite being built to an extremely high standard.

These are lovely cars and becoming more rare by the year.

Friend of mine has one he's thinking of selling. He's owned it for the last 14 years. Do you want me to get details.

Hi there- that would be great, thank you. What is the spec of the car?

From what I remember it's an 1988 F reg, just on 144000 miles in Blue/Black with Beige leather and MOT till Feb 2015. he's had it for years but only uses it now and then.. He's a mechanic so that side of it is good. It's mechanically sound but it needs a bit of TLC on the body but don't think anything too major. Little bit of bubbling on arches etc.. I'll try and get hold of him and get a few photos if you like. Cheers now.

I have two 560s, both blue/black with mushroom leather. One has 250,000m and I've just bought it as a spares car but then I realised that I haven't driven mine in two years so I think I should let them go. It also doesn't help that I'm losing my storage in a few months. If you're interested I could conceivably take all of the good bits off the high miler and fit them to mine before I sell it.

I have two 560s, both blue/black with mushroom leather. One has 250,000m and I've just bought it as a spares car but then I realised that I haven't driven mine in two years so I think I should let them go. It also doesn't help that I'm losing my storage in a few months. If you're interested I could conceivably take all of the good bits off the high miler and fit them to mine before I sell it.

If you end up braking the other one,please let me know as I might need a couple of bits

Hello,

that could be interesting, could you provide more information on the condition/spec/mileage/history of the better one please? And some pics if possible...

It appear that we are both chasing the same car and with a similar budget. Though now I've made the decision that i want one there doesn't seem too be many nice ones for sale... The ones i've seen have all been rough, bad colours, velour interiors or have cheap AMG kits on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom