I think I'm going senile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

saff

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Audi A8 D4 4.2 TDI W246 B180 CDI Sport
I got home from work this afternoon and parked up. Tried to remove the key from the ignition but it wouldn't release. Much fiddling, pushing, pulling, swearing and formulating plans to immobilise the car later I realised I had the transmission in reverse.

What a t*t!!! :doh:

My L200 allows the key to be removed. It's when you get back in and can't work out why it will not start:doh::wallbash:

If I remove the key from my CLS, it puts the car in to PARK automatically. Shows that Mercedes have taken into account that many of their more elderly drivers will be going senile.

:rolleyes:

My other half has done this. Flapping because she can't get the key out of her SL. I popped it into Park and all good.

Easy mistake I reckon. :)

Probably comes from driving SAABs .

It happened to me when I first got my Merc, I was desperate to go to the bog, and was panicking, fortunately I sussed it out before a nasty accident!

Several times lately, I've parked the car on the drive, locked it with the key fob transponder, walked to the back door of the house, pointed the transponder at the mortice lock and stood there waiting for it to unlock......

oops!

My wife found two clean coffee mugs in the fridge last week...she'd put them there...first signs?

Spent an age looking for my specs, shouting at the wife for loosing my specs, blaming the kids for not helping me find my specs.

They were on my face.

I got home from work this afternoon and parked up. Tried to remove the key from the ignition but it wouldn't release. Much fiddling, pushing, pulling, swearing and formulating plans to immobilise the car later I realised I had the transmission in reverse.

What a t*t!!! :doh:

Phew I'm not alone

Done that a few times too, forgot to take it out of D, switched off the engine, why can't I get the key out????

Reading these replies is reassuring to find that I'm not the only silly old fart out there.

Am another

If I remove the key from my CLS, it puts the car in to PARK automatically. Shows that Mercedes have taken into account that many of their more elderly drivers will be going senile.

:rolleyes:

Hahahahaahha, a lot of us old gits out there.................somewhere!!:dk:

Keep losing keys that are in my pocket:doh:...oh done the glasses one too.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom