I Think Its Something To Do With The Battery's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shella

Car
Mercedes E270 CDi Elegance Auto
i have read everything to do with battery drains, there was never any conclusions. so here I am my problem:

Mercedes Benz Advantage 2003 E270 cdi w112 Saloon

Everything was fine when I bought it, then every now and then I would get the consumer batter light it would go off as i kept driving. Then every now and then the cd would go off and on, at this point I know something is wrong. That day I had to go shopping did that got in the car turned the key Nothing not even a click. AA came out said it was the battery (it was at this point i'm like FH ) he went to the boot got all his dodahs, out I did not know there was a battery in the boot or that the car had 2 battery's.. £150 later I was on my way. The problems did not stop they got worst a week ago everything seamed fine it was a very rainy day, my windscreen wipers decided to stop working at the same time the engine started screaming and I was only doing 20 mph i could smell the diesel it quickly accrued to me that I was stuck in first gear. I was pooing myself went to put the hazards on nothing I also had lost all light. I am not one for cars I get in it and drive. So believe me when i tell i have no idea how i did this. i lowered the reves
some people behind me were loosing the plot but I kept going I slowly changed lanes to get to a place i could park all of a sudden it was like they knew my car was in trouble as people were staying back and letting me through. I parked. I somehow got it home I have not driven it since.

my logic says it has to do with the Aux battery. It defiantly is not charging or holding a charge but i think there is something more at play. windscreen wipers worked when i was in second click just will not work in idle. From what I have read its not the alternator. So is there a thingy that puts the right voltage to the battery from the alternator. I can not get at the aux battery to see the number to replace it. if anyone knows the right battery can you let me know. I think it a AGM

Or is there other problems

All help appreciated

From your description, your gremlins are unlikely to be caused by the Aux Battery, that is if your car has an Aux Battery. The Aux Battery is only used by the Stop/Start system and the brake hold. Specifically, the Aux Battery is normally isolated from the main battery until the Start/Stop is activated. So during normal driving, the Aux should not come into play.

You ought to get your car scanned to get a read out of the error codes.

There wont be any Stop Start on this assuming it is a 2003 E270 and it will have an Aux battery for the SBC.

Get the batteries and the charging circuit tested.
If batteries are "old", replace them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom