I think she may have to go Sob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyc280

Car
1997 C280 V6 Elegance Auto Facelift. 1992 Kawasaki ZZR1100 C3
Even though i love my c280 W202 v6 facelift elegance its not really practical for me and my business. Really don't like putting my joinery tool box and levels etc in the back in case i scratch the bumper. Shall be so sad to see her go if i can sell her but she is completely rust free so shouldn't be a prob and fsh too :(:(:(

Last edited:
What would you replace it with? W202 are of modest value these days, so I'd have thought ideally suited to being an everyday work-horse type car.

What happened to:

Well have just completed my two first longish drive from Manchester airport to Leicester and i have to say how brilliant my c280 is. Cruise control works amazing well and at 75mph you can hardly tell your moving with engine turning over at 2500 rpm. So so quiet too. This car handles amazing well for a big car too and stops on a pin when needed. Was thinking about selling but no chance now. I shall cherish her till my dying day.

Why not get an old Work's van/estate/hatch?

You could get a load-liner that flips out a thick padded 'flap' that overhangs the bumper etc, that'll protect it whilst you're loading and unloading things.

Well sometimes i need to put some steps in my car too and she is so immaculate i really don't wish to mark her inside or out. If i could afford a van as well like before i would do that but semi retirement keeps you on your toes regarding the pennies.Please don't any one suggest a Vito or similar ha, and i'm definitely not selling my ZZR 1100. What a dilemma.

Just keep it and enjoy.

Until you do mark the car, you'll always feel the same about leaving it anywhere or using it !

I leave mine on the drive for a few days after cleaning, but utimately, I'm much better off using it :)

Small box trailer? Would keep all your tools and ladders safely away from the car...

I would encourage you to think long and hard; if you are happy with the car you know, you could clearly end up a lot worse off by changing.

Look for 'helicopter tape' on eBay , strip of that on top of the bumper , problem solved

FWIW I'm forever putting tools and wood etc in the back of my CLK and haven't scratched it yet , just be careful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom