I thought I was bored with driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
Earlier this week I had a fun journey from Doncaster, taking in London, Cornwall, Shrewsbury, Lake District and Country Durham over 3 days.

The Mercedes was in the garage in need of a little TLC, so it fell to the X5. This is a car that I've yet to really gel with, despite owning it for 8 months.

However it really proved it's metal, quiet, comfortable and at home on most of the roads - with the exception of speed bump London.

The real surprise though was the route as seen here - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/U...0x487c336c3436bef3:0xe2a351417da40e94!1m0!3e0

The roads were twisting, undulating, traffic and camera free. The car for a big 4wd, while not fast behaved impeccably, offering real confidence though the bends. Really enjoyed driving in a way that I have not for some time.

So I commend the route to you gents....

My wife has the twin turbo X5 40D. It handles better than you would expect it to. I've never driven it myself as one of the peculiarities of my otherwise excellent insurance with Hiscox is that I can drive any vehicle fully comp except vehicles normally kept at my home address. So I can drive my brother in law's Q7, but not my wife's X5.

Interesting route on way back would be across to Hexam and across Alston Moor. Great views of the North Penines and the Lake District.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom