I thought I would get the "snow" ball rolling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul

Car
2011 E220
Blimey what a load of snow. I sailed out of London at 1000hrs today, but got stuck on A2 at Dartford :mad: .

The traffic was stop / start and I was in the outside lane, as I was perusing the scenery I noticed how wet and shiney the road looked.

Then it dawned on me, it was pure sheet ice I was sitting on :confused: . For once I was glad to be in a jam when I found it and not moving at speed :( .

I for one was glad of ABS, ARS and the winter setting on the gear box :) .

Mind you my bum was clenched all the home after that :crazy: .

Hope everyone else got to thier destinations safely :) .

Mate
I know what you mean. I left this morning going the otherway and the A2 was doing 10mph tops Shorne Hill to Pepper Hill. I really don t think enough was done on the road. Constant flow of traffic and still it was settling. Oh well got the trip home to look forward to.
Regards
Ian

The road I drive to work on goes through the Pennines and it's been snowed up for days...the good news is that places that get a lot of snow always have it cleared by the time I get there! I saw a massive snow plough shifting it a few days ago :D

Roads are all dry and clear, sides of roads are stacked up with snow...how it should be! The roads to be worried about are the ones in towns and cities where it hardly ever snows - they're always badly prepared and the snow stops traffic for hours sometimes. I spent over an hour driving just 3 miles this time last year, the road was like glass, very nasty conditions indeed.

I got to my work eaily enough before any snow, at 10ish I was called to move the car as I had double parked.

**** out action all the way very dangerous!!!! I hope I make it home ok as I hope for everyone else!

This morning I was constantly monitoring my rear view mirror, just to make sure there was a 'proper' car behind me that could stop if I did.

I know what you mean.... I was in Hungary for Christmas (GFs Hungarian) and the roads over there were litteraly 4 inches of solid ice... see picture I took Here

It's great fun driving over there in minus 20 degrees, rain, snow and masses of ice :eek:

Jeez Hungary looks Identical to Croatia.

I was there last year at Christmas and there was loads of snow. One night it snowed over a metre overnight. It too nearly two hours to dig the snow off the drive so I could get the car out.

My Italian hire car had summer tyres on unlike all the locals had on their cars and driving on those mountain roads was really dangerous in those conditions. I drove a car with winter tyres on - just a different compound really, no studs or anything and it made one H€ll of a difference. I can really recommend them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom