I thought we were supposed to love our kids...........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
.....not want to kill them :mad: :mad: :mad:

carb.jpg

cara.jpg

I make no apology for not blanking out the number plate. I hope someone actually recognises it and realises what an utter idiot the woman driving the car is being. Not wearing seatbelts is one thing - but this behaviour beggars belief.

They drove like this for at least 5 miles with us behind them when we had to turn off. This is on the A592 alongside Ullswater yesterday.

I could not believe it. The road is twisty as well as undulating and we were going at speeds up to 50mph. It is often necessary to brake sharply on this road - one false move by either the idiot driving the merc or an oncoming car would see both those children dead. :mad: :mad: :mad:

They ducked bloody quickly when a Police car came the other way - don't know if he did anything though.

Am very tempted to submit these photos to the police though as the driver deserves locking up.

And before anyone jumps to conculsions - I was in the passenger seat taking the pic's ;)

Last edited:
I would absolutely forward to or advise the police Pammy - 'think of the children' as the saying goes. If anything happens in the future and its eg on the telly you would never forgive yourself :mad:

this is sheer stupidity on a horrendous level - they could be hit anything, birds, branches etc

Beware the 'mind your own business' types though :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I do agree........but.

I think this is, a not particularly but relativley, modern way of thinking.

I remember as a child not wearing a seat belt, sitting on my mothers lap in the front seat, standing from time to time (NOT in the type of scenario you show).

I never wore a helmet when cycling as a child either - it just wasn't done - now every caring parent equips their child.

My parents certainly were not sensible on uncaring in the least.

As I said I do agree with you fully - just interesting how things change. Of course this could have ended in the worst possible manner - but I am quite glad of being brought up a little less wrapped in cotton wool.

I quite like w202s in that colour red though :D

They're just playing tank commanders .... 'Traverse Left !'

Used to do this myself when i was a bit younger :rolleyes: in my Golf Cabrio around the lanes of Cornwall ..... :crazy:

Wouldn't do it now though .... i'm far too grown up !

pammy said:
.....not want to kill them :mad: :mad: :mad:

I make no apology for not blanking out the number plate. I hope someone actually recognises it and realises what an utter idiot the woman driving the car is being. Not wearing seatbelts is one thing - but this behaviour beggars belief.

They drove like this for at least 5 miles with us behind them when we had to turn off. This is on the A592 alongside Ullswater yesterday.

I could not believe it. The road is twisty as well as undulating and we were going at speeds up to 50mph. It is often necessary to brake sharply on this road - one false move by either the idiot driving the merc or an oncoming car would see both those children dead. :mad: :mad: :mad:

They ducked bloody quickly when a Police car came the other way - don't know if he did anything though.

Am very tempted to submit these photos to the police though as the driver deserves locking up.

And before anyone jumps to conculsions - I was in the passenger seat taking the pic's ;)

I share your views on this completely, especially where children are concerned. It's unacceptable to see them exposed to this kind of danger, just as it's unacceptable to have kids rattling around in the back of the car without seatbelts; it's my pet hate.

In 1999, when Manchester United won the "double", one of my staff was out in Manchester during the big celebrations. He was a major fan, and like everyone else in cars, he was driving in procession down Deansgate at about 5mph with his mates in the back, their heads poked out through the sunroof. Now I'm not saying this was a responsible act at all, but in the context of the event and because the traffic was moving very slowly, it was arguably less dangerous for those involved than it was for the kids shown in the pics above.

Anyway, he was waved over to the side of the road by the police and told that he was committing an offence, for which he'd be summoned to court. In the interim he was told to produce his documents at his local station. He was also breathalised, although he hadn't touched a drop of alcohol. Amazingly, he was subsequently charged with an offence which sounded like "deliberately endangering his passengers" (I can't recall the actual offence, although someone else might know it) and was eventually given a pretty hefty fine along with a generous helping of points.

If such convictions can be brought so easily against a bunch of well-meaning lads celebrating their football team's success at 5mph in a street crammed full of revellers, I shudder to think what charges might be brought against those responsible for the negligence shown in the shots posted above.

Flash said:
:D

Only thing missing from that W202 now are the flags... :rolleyes:

That can be arranged... (excuse my non-existent Photoshop skills)

Michele

Attachments

• carb2.jpg
    carb2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 334
GrahamC230K said:
I do agree........but.

I think this is, a not particularly but relativley, modern way of thinking.

I remember as a child not wearing a seat belt, sitting on my mothers lap in the front seat, standing from time to time (NOT in the type of scenario you show).

I see this kids standing between the front seats just about everyday. It appears to be a cultural thing..

Although I don't want to be part of a nanny state and grew up with lots of rough and tumble I do think passengers in cars should be belted up. People just don't realise the forces involved in a car accident.

Pammy, shop them if ony to see whether any action is taken.:D

I agree, shop them.
They might not be so lucky next time and have an accident.:crazy:

GRAV888 said:
I agree, shop them.
They might not be so lucky next time and have an accident.:crazy:

I should definitely report it - can you imagine what the concentration levels of the car in front would be, there are enough distractions on the road!

Mike

I don't see much point in reporting them - it's going to be your word against there's when they reply with..

"Yes officer, it was a nice day, the scenery was beautiful so we stopped for a couple of seconds to take in the view"

All those pictures show is that the kids are looking out of the sunroof not that the car is moving. Add to this that they are digital images so could have easily been modified I doubt the police would be able to act even if they wanted to.

Andy

this is what happens when you stray that far up north

the levels of sophistication fall to life threatening levels

Darwin awards contender perhaps?

I'm in the mind your own business camp, sorry Grasmere.

If people want to break the law and endanger the lives of their offspring they will find plenty of ways to do it, whether its sticking their head out of a car sunroof, riding a bike without a helmet, or not washing hands after playing outside. People draw different lines at what risks are acceptable and what aren't. Who knows, maybe these parents encourage the children to juggle with knives as well?

For what its worth I hope they got home safely. :)

sasha said:
this is what happens when you stray that far up north

the levels of sophistication fall to life threatening levels

:D

If you are concerned enough to take photographs, report it to the police.

I see absolutely no value in posting these photographs onto the internet with their number plate on view.

Lets hope their car doesnt get cloned.

I get angry when I see kids not strapped into a vehicle properly here in the UK. I want to smack the parents. For some reason, I just feel strongly about it.

When I spend time in India I see whole familes on a scooter, and none with helmets. Doesn't bother me there, as it's all part of their normal.

frog1520 said:
Lets hope their car doesnt get cloned.

Do you really think it's much of an issue? I sure don't. I see thousands of cars a day walking up and down the street, funnily enough - all with their number plates on display.

This thread doesn't attract attention in any way to a cloner.

scotth_uk said:
I see thousands of cars a day walking up and down the street, funnily enough - all with their number plates on display.

<mutters under breath about none containing a 58> :mad: :devil: :bannana:

scotth_uk said:
Do you really think it's much of an issue? I sure don't. I see thousands of cars a day walking up and down the street, funnily enough - all with their number plates on display.

This thread doesn't attract attention in any way to a cloner.
I thought that was the reason people normally blanked them out! Apologies if I misunderstood....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom