I Want a G-Wagen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have you played with one yet? They're an acquired taste. Buy on condition, some engines are not desirable. Mine is a petrol 3 litre which is a bit of a compromise, but I may be fitting a TT. The V8 5 litre is (imho) optimum. Get as many "options" (eg aircon) as you think you want. Mods can be eye-wateringly expensive. Prices are going North at a pace.

I drove that Model from London to Greece you could see the Petrol Gauge going down as you were driving along the road !!

My RR is 1994 and has almost no steel...

I miss this one. Owned 1991 to 2007. Pic taken not far from Stwat's RR pic I'll wager

Attachments

• 300GDS.jpg
    300GDS.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 21
A 300GDS manual W461. An ex demo bought urgently in 1991 in 2ft of snow when the (newish and bought new) bloody Land Rover had let us down. Again. Already at that time committed MB users, so a logical move.

Out of 5 Land Rovers we had, the only good ones were the older ones that had been rebuilt after a few years to put right what the factory did wrong. The 'G' was almost flawless.

That's nice, but personally I prefer the LWB. The SWB will be better off road, but the LWB has more presence.
I could live with that wheel until the right one comes up on ebay.
Good colour too :)

That looks like a nice example. Agreed on the wheel. Mine is a '91 and has no airbag.

Looks to be reasonably priced, though there's no spare wheel or mountings.

EDIT: I think a 124 wheel would fit.

LWB would be too big for me to be honest at this point in my life - no kids etc etc.

Any idea's whats the badge below the side repeator on the wings?

+ Just noticed the black wrap on the dash yuk!

B-I-L owns a garage in Haverhill and I am toying with buying a really ropey one to do up over the next few years and then splitting any proceeds with him. They are awesome to daydream about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom