I went to buy a burger and...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moonloops

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C350 CDI AMG Sport
Well I was getting two new rear tyres fitted to my MR2 Turbo and the tyre fitter asked if I wanted to wait or come back a bit later. I asked if the local burger van was around as it was lunchtime and told them I'd go grab a bite to eat and come back in 30/45 mins.

Burger van wasn't there so I a sauntered around the Audi dealership across the road as they had a nice RS4 for sale

So about 4 hours later I got a call from the tyre fitters saying "where are you, we are about to close".

Trotted back across the road and they enquired "Thought you were just popping out for a burger?" Nah, I bought an Audi S3 instead". They just laughed and said "I like your style" :D

Picked up the S3 today and of course it is very different to the CLK, everything seems so light to use, especially the steering a low speed - but it does tighten up with speed quite nicely.

OMFG - I now have to manually turn on the headlights and windscreen wipers :eek: I don't know how I will cope ;). Upside is that you can throw it around with great abandon whilst keeping within the cars limits. The Bose audio sounds good even though I don't like Bose as a product in general.

Chalk and cheese compared to the CLK but never having owned an Audi it was about time I tried one.. :ban:

Just hope I don't turn into one of the 3rd lane hogger Audi cocks I have seen recently..:doh:

Just hope I don't turn into one of the 3rd lane hogger Audi cocks I have seen recently..:doh:

Knowing that,you still bought the car :doh::D:D
Post some pictures please and enjoy your new car
PS:Did the Audi dealer fed you,lol

Knowing that,you still bought the car :doh::D:D

I try not to judge cars by their drivers (having owned a BMW and used the indicators,having owned a Mercedes and broke the speed limit, having owned a subaru and didn't wear a subaru jacket or put stupid rally stickers on it, having owned a saab and not being an architect or having a beard, having owed a rover and not smelling of wee wee.. this list goes on :D )

I'll post some pictures up tomorrow..

PS:Ddid the Audi dealer fed you,lol

No but had a couple of coffee's served - here's the telling difference though, when I was asking about the S3 and RS4 they had in stock they asked if I wanted a coffee and it was brought in a nice cup, today when I picked it up I had to nip to the machine and use a plastic cup as they were very busy doing hand overs :D

I don't make a fuss me :D

To be honest it was nice dealing with people who I call "humans" - didn't take themselves to seriously and we joked about the up-sells and distance selling rules etc..

I've got an Audi A4. The most dependable car I've ever owned.

Had there been a burger van.....

I would have spent 4 hours deciding between a bacon bap or a cheeseburger no doubt.. :bannana: or had both and had a heart attack so I think I've come out OK from the ordeal.

I have a friend who went in to buy petrol ( at a filling station on the forecourt of a Mercedes dealer ) ............ and came out with a Mercedes :D:D:thumb:

I will do some better pictures at the weekend..

s3.jpg

It does look rather menacing, aggressive and tasty, I must admit. It looks so nice I don't know if I'd put my Audi prejudices aside, or just get more in the way when the inevitable 'nascar drafting' occured in my rear view.

Lovely looking car, keep us informed of its progress! My cousin wants one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom