I wish I'd.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Experience does go a long way. Does it have to be personal? One of my brothers smoked all his adult life, a life shortened by lung cancer.
Doesn't have to be personal at all but it hits home a lot harder. Did your young daughter meet your brother?

Sorry to hear about your brother btw.

Smoking killed my dad and it certainly helped me give up. Smoking killed Simon Cadell but that didn’t stop me.

Been able to ask the young delivery driver that brought my Brembo discs in for a cup of tea today.

He noticed the box split and that it was discs so asked me to check they were all ok and everything present.

Then got talking about cars, spare parts/suppliers and Mercs, his dad had an S500 and sadly passed away last week. :(

Back in the early seventies I had money from my school summer holiday job, so I went up to Charing Cross Road to ogle the many guitar shops. In the back corner of one window was a very second hand Stratocaster. Its sunburst finish was worn away in places, the pickguard was split around a mounting screw and worst of all it was fourteen years old!

I thought the £110 asking price was way too high:doh:

Back in the early seventies I had money from my school summer holiday job, so I went up to Charing Cross Road to ogle the many guitar shops. In the back corner of one window was a very second hand Stratocaster. Its sunburst finish was worn away in places, the pickguard was split around a mounting screw and worst of all it was fourteen years old!

We have a job in Denmark Street at the moment and even for a chap who knows zero about guitars, I fine the shops there fascinating.

In the mid 60s I had the chance of turning pro as a drummer with the band/group I was in, but turned it down as I was in my A level year. But as I continued drumming, although not full time, I blew my A-levels anyway......(and Joined the RAF)

But regret? I just don’t know, as I’m now enjoying a rather comfortable retirement, with a lovely home, wife and family.

Doesn't have to be personal at all but it hits home a lot harder. Did your young daughter meet your brother?

Sorry to hear about your brother btw.

Smoking killed my dad and it certainly helped me give up. Smoking killed Simon Cadell but that didn’t stop me.
Tragically my brother died long before my younger daughter was born. They would have loved each other - she already shows a shared wicked sense of humour.

I think we all have those 'if only' moments but I have been extremely lucky and even though I have ended up flat on my back.... No regrets, not a one. I have had a very full and happy life having fulfilled most of my ambitions. The memories I have always bring smiles to folks who have to put up with me and yes there are folks here that I have the privilege to know. Bosses who stay in touch even though I was forced to retire thirty years ago. Nope, not a single regret. Although perhaps I should be a tiny bit more 'politically correct' :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom