I won, I won!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PXW

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance; MG ZS EV
Guys and girls....just wanted to share the good news with you all. Coming back from a week away, I bought on impulse one ticket for yesterday's national lottery draw. Not something I regularly do, but hey.

And, would you believe it (I'm not sure I believe it myself!!!), on checking the ticket today I find I have the correct numbers!

It's a remarkable feeling - after all those years of seeing the adverts telling me 'it could be you' - I now feel slightly guilty about my sarcastic thoughts of 'not me, no way'. And yet, now, today, it is me. And I'm one of those 'no hope' people who will cheerfully explain that you've got more chance of being run over by a bus than of winning the jackpot...

It feels a bit unreal, to be honest. Don't know about you, but I never even win the bottle of scotch at the school christmas tombola. And now I find I've won the lottery....this may take a bit of time to sink in. I haven't even found a way to tell Mrs PXW yet - I'll try to find the right moment this evening.

In the meantime, I would appreciate advice from fellow MBClubbers on how best to spend my tenner....

I usually give the children a fiver each and take my wife out for a meal. The rest I just squander.

Phil

Can you find it in your heart to help me out?

My girlfriend has got pregnant (Mum said someone had it in for me), the undertaker is chasing an unpaid bill (he says if I do not pay soon, up Grandma comes) and the games room roof is leaking.

You could take me to the Carpenters for a pint to celebrate !
Well done, where did you buy it? Must go there - there are "lucky outlets" !

Sorry to be the one to break this , John , but Richard is on his own these days and Karen .......

Strange... I got a Tenner myself. I wonder - could we possibly have the same six numbers?

Strange... I got a Tenner myself. I wonder - could we possibly have the same six numbers?

Wonder what odds bet365 will give on that - do you reckon they could be monitoring the thread live ?!?!?!

Spooky! I did a 'lucky dip'. Read about someone in the early days of the lottery who agreed their six numbers with their family, but on one occasion didn't bother to buy the ticket....and would have won half a million. It was years ago, but I bet they are still not speaking....

Very good you had me hook line and sinker :dk:

i was going to ask you if you could lend me a tenner

thats when i thought you were a million hair :crazy:

I didn't win this week. I suppose buying a ticket would improve my chances:)

Bit of both, tax on the stupid :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom