Ian Walker nicked!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Motard

Car
92 250 TD
Ian arrived safely after many hours in traffic jams. He got nicked 8 klms from here for failing to stop at a Stop sign...€90!
More to follow...........

Quite understandable. I know you don't get many STOP signs here in the UK. But on the occasion that I have, I have yet to see anyone stop completely, unless there is something coming of course.

In SA they are almost as popular as GIVE WAY signs, 4 WAY STOPS very common. I suppose we just got used to having to stop when it says stop. Over there it is considered as bad as failing to stop at a RED LIGHT!

In actual fact it is the only time I have received a 'Ticket' when I didn't come to a complete stop. That was in 1980 in Zim. $15.00 fine. I learnt quickly!

I'm sorry, but if it says Stop, it means STOP. Just like when it says GIVE WAY, we give way, right?

Ciao.

Dont mention the world cup!

Hope this doesnt mean penalty points in the UK?:eek: Always wondered about the UK consequences of motoring offences committed abroad!:confused: Maybe Ian let slip something about the world cup final ? Zut Alors I said the "penalty" word

Last edited:
bad luck - I got caught like that in Romford a few years back by a miserable copper who had obviously been sent out on school crossing duty much against his wishes.

I saw him standing there with his arm up from about 200 yards away so I slowed right down, as I got closer he let his arm drop and walked to my side of the road, just as I began to accelerate he jumped out in front of me and once I stopped he ranted and raved for about five minutes before giving me a ticket for failing to stop when told to by a police officer.

Went to court with a solicitor friend of mine and pleaded not guilty, the solicitior asked the copper two questions

1, was my client sitting in or standing outside of the car when you gave him the ticket?

Answer = he was standing by the side of his vehicle

2, As you were on foot patrol that day could you please explain how my client came to be standing outside of his vehicle talking to you whilst failing to stop when requested?

Answer = hmmmm

At this point the magistrate dismissed the case

Andy

Motard said:
Ian arrived safely after many hours in traffic jams. He got nicked 8 klms from here for failing to stop at a Stop sign...€90!
More to follow...........

:D :D Snitch :)
Hi Motard,
It's very nice to hear from you and I hope all is well?? Please pass on my commiserations to Ian and tell him to pay more attention in future to his driving :p :D

Have a great time,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom