Ian's high miler E220 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanT

Car
W210 320CDI
I used to own a very nice low mileage (36k) C250 Elegance until just under two years ago, but have now replaced it with this:

e220_290204_1.jpg

e220_290204_2.jpg

e220_290204_3.jpg

It's a March 2001 E220 CDI with a couple of very minor faults, but it drives really well despite the miles. The mileage would have worried me before I owned the C-Class, but the miles have been kind to this one - the paint is still original and lovely (except where somebody used the evil method of removing the bonnet star).

Many many more toys than the C250 and more going on under the bonnet too, for such a small engine in such a heavy car it surprises me when I pull out to overtake.

I started a thread in the general discussion area in case anyone feels moved to comment ;) http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5760

Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself to you guys (and girls!).

Ian.

Last edited:
OK, so the original wheels had been involved in a bit of kerb fetish at some point and the tyres were past their best, so rather than put new rubber on manky rims I pought a new set of wheels, and new tyres. Not just for looks, but hopefully you'll agree they freshen the car up somewhat.

newwheels.jpg

newwheels2.jpg

I went from 215/55 on 16" x 7.5J rims (with an offset of 41mm) to 235/45 on 17" x 8.0J rims (with an offset of 35mm).

Initially I was worried they wouldn't fit because the existing rims had the tyre side walls very close to the hub carrier on the front, but the offset change compensates for that nicely and they appear to fit very nicely indeed. Looking round, the clearance is much the same as before and the ride is much improved, if not a little noisier inside.

All just in time for the meet tomorrow. ;)

Ian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom