IAT's and solutions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amo

Car
CLS 55 AMG
Hello you lovely people,

Been away from forum for a while but have a question for you 55K Guru's.

I went to MSL on the weekend and had few of the cars from our convoy Dyno'd by JJ. Made some good numbers and 1 of the E55 was showing 53 on IAT's and apparently it shouldnt go above 70ish

I came home after 80 miles drive and as i parked the car, I went out to plug the ODB reader and it read 57/58 IATs and upon slight reving it was going up to 62 but was coming back to 57 again within 30 seconds.

Question is, Should it be 57 when it was parked up a while after an hour and half drive? Engine was very hot at the time.

What is the normal temp we should expect? I have had Bosch 010 fitted by Terry@wayne gates about a year and half ago. Only driven about 5K since)

I am now thinking to go for smaller SC pulley and map so want to look at a better solution for cooling. I know many people had split cooling last i checked. who can do these and how much does it cost?

Thanks
Amo

Hey buddy,

IATs will be higher when stationary, and higher still if you rev it, as there's not enough airflow. Even with my split cooling, if I go for a hard run, and then park up, temps will go well into the 40s, if not 50s on a hot day when stationary. That's my experience anyway.

But regardless, sort out cooling before doing pulley. Otherwise your ECU will pull timing after just 1 run most likely. More than that, and it'll heat soak and disengage the SC pulley.

Thanks Bro, I will probably trial it over coming weeks and see what i can do to improve this.

HE and split cooling i think would do the trick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom