IBM Thinkpad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc180k

Car
C180K Avantgarde SE Sport
Hi All,

My ancient laptop (above) has packed in due to my 2 yr old standing on it (when told not to!!). Looking for a cheap replacement - considering a claim on the home insurance but dependant on cost may not bother!

Anyone care to share any good deals they have heard so that I can replace the piece of s...., sorry the broken laptop?

Cheers,

Simon

Tesco have some nice Acers for under £400 with good spec. Cheaper in store than on line. If the screen on the Thinkpad is OK they can be fixed quite cheaply but need the model to estimate the cost.

all depends on budget as to what to get, could always to e-bay for good s/h one or even for parts to repair old..

for new have a look at laptopsdirect web site

Well, it might be cheaper to fix the laptop than buy a new one.

I would recommend DELL:)

Cheers
Chris

the old think pad is not the best looking but well made i got one for £100 used a good few years back but when i got a new one for £500 its better spec but not as well made & the battery is crap i still keep my old ibm for car obd2 stuff & the battery still lasts for ever

i like the thinkpad range, especially the new t400 series, very nicely made, but not exactly cheap, for cheap go with Dell,

oh on laptops, install xp and not vista, vista works okay on desktops, not laptops imho

i like the thinkpad range, especially the new t400 series, very nicely made, but not exactly cheap, for cheap go with Dell,

oh on laptops, install xp and not vista, vista works okay on desktops, not laptops imho
100% right i hate my new one with vista i swaped my kids for one with xp

let me know if you need a win xp downgrade disk, i purchase this downgrade disk for all my laptops (well the ones i purchase for work)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom