IC Pump Failing after 6 months

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55MO

Car
C63 AMG 2009
Hi Everyone

I was wondering if someone could she some light on the Johnson ic pumps.

So i currently have a few minor mods of the E55K (Thank you MSL)

84mm pulley
remap
eurocharged intercooler/heat exchange
johnson cm? pump
BMC air filters

Future mod: up the pulley to the 77mm, split cooling (visit nurbugring in September)

recently (before the heat wave) ive been noticing the car feeling sluggish. When before it would have pushed me to the back of my seat. and give me a tingling sensation I now struggle past the 130 mark.

Was out of a 60 mile drive on Friday with average ambiant tems around 25/26 c. I was able to keep track of temperatures. coolant temp hovered around the 95 c mark the intake air temperature maxed at about 60 c. but would then hover around the 45/50 c mark. i gunned it twice to around the 130 (WOT) and got pretty much the same readings

originally i was thinking that i need split cooling, but now im thinking it may be a the pump on its way out. But after only 7 months and no more than 3k miles that feels a little strange..

The only reason i was thinking about the split cooling was the fact i want to up the pulley to 77mm and visit the nurburgring in September..

Any help and info would be appreciated

Mo

Hi Everyone

I was wondering if someone could she some light on the Johnson ic pumps.

So i currently have a few minor mods of the E55K (Thank you MSL)

84mm pulley
remap
eurocharged intercooler/heat exchange
johnson cm? pump
BMC air filters

Future mod: up the pulley to the 77mm, split cooling (visit nurbugring in September)

recently (before the heat wave) ive been noticing the car feeling sluggish. When before it would have pushed me to the back of my seat. and give me a tingling sensation I now struggle past the 130 mark.

Was out of a 60 mile drive on Friday with average ambiant tems around 25/26 c. I was able to keep track of temperatures. coolant temp hovered around the 95 c mark the intake air temperature maxed at about 60 c. but would then hover around the 45/50 c mark. i gunned it twice to around the 130 (WOT) and got pretty much the same readings

originally i was thinking that i need split cooling, but now im thinking it may be a the pump on its way out. But after only 7 months and no more than 3k miles that feels a little strange..

The only reason i was thinking about the split cooling was the fact i want to up the pulley to 77mm and visit the nurburgring in September..

Any help and info would be appreciated

Mo

Not going to be a lot of help here, given you have a 3K miles 7 month old pump, but what I do know is weather Johnson, Borsch, or CW pump, they all lose their efficiency after a short spell, more so some than others, they still work, but when asked to perform as many here have seen, the pump cannot at performance level', assuming you do not have a air blockage, you really need to check your flow rate, but given we do not know the original flowrate at new, and with the single pump that's problematic given the cost of a new pump, I would just swap it out, but easy for me to spend your monies, hopefully all will be good, best of luck with your task

You could try the Bosch pump.

Mine has been on my stock car for over 1 year... Driven over 10k miles and I still get the crazy push into the seat feeling.

I've had my Johnson pump for 6 months or so now and I still get the push back.

I don't tend to do more than one WOT though generally although I did at TV and a RWYB recently and it was fine all day...

What is "WOT"?

Hmm may need to check the cooling system make sure there is no block. Have spoken to Acid who was as helpful as always. Hoping to get the car seen by him early august.

The pump still has a warranty so can be canged if seen to be at fault :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom