iCarsoft CR Max Review - Advanced OBD Scanning/Diagnostic/Code Clearing Tool ***£25 Off Forum Discount Code***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
This is my review of the iCarSoft CR MAX Diagnostic machine which was lent to me from the guys over at LJM - who are the only offical supplier of iCarsoft units in the UK

I have arranged a £25 off voucher for the ICARSOFT CR MAX unit with code: "KillerHERTZ25" here:

iCarsoft CR MAX - 2022 FULL System ALL Makes Diagnostic Tool - The OFFICIAL iCarsoft UK Outlet

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

forum.jpg

Bought one of these 3 weeks ago. So pleased to see the money off code :) Yesterday I ordered the red adapter for early Mercedes cars too so I'm keen to see how far I can go with my new (to me) S202.

It is utterly brilliant though, I can highly recommend this unit.

is it able to do air suspension work on the 213 chassis? i bought a fancy 2 way machine that couldn't. It said it could do mercedes but it seems it couldnt do the 213

is it able to do air suspension work on the 213 chassis? i bought a fancy 2 way machine that couldn't. It said it could do mercedes but it seems it couldnt do the 213

Possibly, depends on the model and what you need doing. However as with all deep down functions you will need STAR.

Possibly, depends on the model and what you need doing. However as with all deep down functions you will need STAR.
i was after it for calibrating and fault finding the airmatic.

this is the one i bought and returned. it supported 222, 212 etc but not 213

This is my review of the iCarSoft CR MAX Diagnostic machine which was lent to me from the guys over at LJM - who are the only offical supplier of iCarsoft units in the UK

I have arranged a £25 off voucher for the ICARSOFT CR MAX unit with code: "KillerHERTZ25" here:

iCarsoft CR MAX - 2022 FULL System ALL Makes Diagnostic Tool - The OFFICIAL iCarsoft UK Outlet

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View attachment 125901

I’m getting the “Active lane keeping assist inoperatibve” and Actice blind spot assist inoperative” messages. Would this unit be able to diagnose those errors?

I’m getting the “Active lane keeping assist inoperatibve” and Actice blind spot assist inoperative” messages. Would this unit be able to diagnose those errors?

It will read the codes of course and you can try to clear them, however if the units themselves are faulty the issue will remain.

I have one of these being delivered tomorrow, whilst I have the Star set up for the CLK there are three Fiats and a VW on the fleet. Keen to try this one out and see if I could live without Star. Although it is super handy for the EPC Etc. Thanks to Killerhertz for the discount code.

My first action would be to try a "Factory Reset" nothing lost if it does not resolve the issues.

My first action would be to try a "Factory Reset" nothing lost if it does not resolve the issues.
Thanks for the feedback.

I tried the “factory reset” option on the dash - that did nothing. It is weird as the problem only starts after about 25 minutes of driving. Is there another “factory reset”.

I’m tempted to disconnect both batteries for several hours and see what happens (likely nothing). I’ve think I’ve eliminated battery problems as the rear (cranking) is now brand new and the one inside is up around 12.8v even after several days standing in the garage.

I’m not really clear on what the tool (Icarsoft) would actually do for me. Car is now over 5 so I expect the niggles to start.

Thanks for the feedback.

I tried the “factory reset” option on the dash - that did nothing. It is weird as the problem only starts after about 25 minutes of driving. Is there another “factory reset”.

I’m tempted to disconnect both batteries for several hours and see what happens (likely nothing). I’ve think I’ve eliminated battery problems as the rear (cranking) is now brand new and the one inside is up around 12.8v even after several days standing in the garage.

I’m not really clear on what the tool (Icarsoft) would actually do for me. Car is now over 5 so I expect the niggles to start.

A scan tool will tell you what fault codes have appeared and you start from there. This CR Max device and run actuation tests on certain modules to test the actual function.

Start a new thread if you want to discuss it further :thumb: - keep this to the scantool :)

It will read the codes of course and you can try to clear them, however if the units themselves are faulty the issue will remain.
It seems that the problem starts after about 30 minutes of driving - so I assume something is warming up (relay?) and then causing the problem (i.e. not dirt or a faulty sensor) .

Would an Icarsoft help me drill down to the issue? The last time I worked on a car it was a 1970s Renault R10.

Thanks for the feedback.

Did you have these issues “Active lane keeping assist inoperative” and Active blind spot assist inoperative” before the new battery was fitted?

Please start another thread. This is for scantool cheers

Discussion continues (inoperative messages) here:

Hi, can this tool be used to activate features that are not yet activated. Eg. Cruise control (I’ve fitted the stalk etc)

Only STAR Diagnostic machine can do this im afraid. - dont believe anything else you read online about that.

Other Marques yes, Mercedes, no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom