iCarsoft CRPro link error

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stratman

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
I did an oil change on my W203 today and after resetting the service nags* went for broke and asked my iCarsoft CRPro (with freshly updated software) to scan the various modules. Apart from the ECU and TCU it came up with a Link Error, please check you've actually got the modules (with both auto and manual scan). I'm pretty sure I have air conditioning, ABS. ESP, steering and so on, but no combination of ignition on, engine running, insert plug before and/or after etc. would make this expensive box talk to the rest of the modules.

A quick spin round t'internet shows I'm not the only one having this problem. Anyone on here suffering similarly? Any solutions?

*With the CRPro, it does actually talk to the car but not to twenty five of the twenty seven modules.

The thing is it has worked properly in the past.

I bought it through the forum group buy, so who or where would be the best place to drop an email to see if this is a known 'feature'?

The thing is it has worked properly in the past.

I bought it through the forum group buy, so who or where would be the best place to drop an email to see if this is a known 'feature'?

I had the run around from iCarsoft with mine when I found it was faulty.

Sometimes would scan, most times it just came up with Link Error, on some cars it only found the engine ECU.
They kept sending me new s/w etc. and instructions to erase the sd card etc. etc.

In the end I returned it to the seller, got an email a few days later to say they couldn't test it and did I want a new one!

So far, but the iCarsoft scanners I bought , the MB 11 and the group buy CR Pro, are working fine. Recently updated both. So keeping fingers crossed. And I always got a very quick replay to any questions that I had from a Mr Barnett Davies, iCarsoft US. My questions were mainly about which update tool to use for each model I had.

Tried reinstalling the latest software again?

Interesting update. I did reinstall the software but it made no difference. Then I had a flash of inspiration (no pun intended). My car is a 2004 W203. Options in the CRPro for C class (from memory) are up to August 2003 and August 2003-2007. Both options offer my model and engine (203.207) and out of frustration I selected the earlier one. Naturally it started finding all the modules it refused to communicate with earlier, all bar the BAS. It still couldn't find that.
I wonder how long my car sat in a field before being registered?

I'm still miffed it doesn't automatically identify the car it's connected to, even my £40 Chinese cReader can do that :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom