iCarsoft i980 MB diagnostic - update issues...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cws196

Car
S205 C250d AMG Premium+
Trying to update my i980 unit but the process requests a password which I don't have and have never had/used one. No one answers emails or phonecalls from either where I bought it from (was back in 2015 - Down Diagnostics) and iCarsoft don't answer either. Help....as currently it's useless - I need to update to load code to read my W205.

Trying to update my i980 unit but the process requests a password which I don't have and have never had/used one. No one answers emails or phonecalls from either where I bought it from (was back in 2015 - Down Diagnostics) and iCarsoft don't answer either. Help....as currently it's useless - I need to update to load code to read my W205.

I'm not personally familiar with the i980 but this is from the iCarsoft website:

Q: When I update the MB II (Or other iCarsoft 2nd generation scanners), the updating tool requests for password, what is the password, how can I find the password?

A:
You can find the password of the iCarsoft 2nd generation scanners and CR Plus on the main unit when you connect the scanner to the PC by USB cable.
Here is the detailed route for you to select:
[Help]-> [Tool Information] -> [Register Code], the register code is the password that you are looking for.

https://www.icarsoft.com/Page/73.html

Thanks.....but mine is 1st generation

I had this issue and contacted iCarsoft worried that I was sold a clone. I got a reply from their Customer Services telling me that i was using the wrong version.

Double checked twice now-am using the correct software and each time it still requests a password..... and those help instructions only refer to 2nd gen scanners so I have no way of accessing a password.

Double checked twice now-am using the correct software and each time it still requests a password..... and those help instructions only refer to 2nd gen scanners so I have no way of accessing a password.

I have the old update tool which is half the size and has no option for a password. I'll have to check if it still works.

Have you tried this, defiantly 1st gen, and no mention of password
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yep, followed those instructions, thanks....

When you plug it into your computer with the USB cable, open it up on your computer to browse the files, just as if it were a regular external hard drive.

There should be a file called deviceinfo or something similar (you may have to go into a few folders to find it) - open it up in text editor / notepad and it should contain the password

I’ve tried calling and emailing iCarsoft-I get no reply and also the unit doesn’t show up as a connected device on my laptop. Thanks for the replies so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom