iCarsoft MB II and OM642 - No DPF Reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
Good afternoon all. I recently acquired a 2013 CLS 350 CDI with the OM642 engine, and tried to check the DPF soot content and regen info. I could do this on my '07 ML420, but I can't find it for the CLS. Could somebody be so kind as to tell me how to reach the information?

Having selected the right model, it's something like Engine Module / Show Data / DPF / select all / show

How are you finding the power of the 350 CDI?

Definitely quicker than the 2014 350 cdi I had. That had a TDI tuning box on it, and TDI claim slightly more power (329 vs 322 bhp) and the same torque (530 lb ft) as the Big Fish remap on this one, but the remap with rolling road setup is noticeably quicker than the tuning box alone was.

I still prefer the higher-revving power delivery of a petrol V8, and the same M113 as in my E500 would be more to my liking, and less complex and more reliable to boot, than the V6 diesel, but the CLS SB only came with the four-pot diesels (a bit weedy for my taste in a nigh-on two tonne car), the (diesel-rattly but grunty) V6 diesel I have, and the M157 (far too risky for my licence).

TBH, I'm happy enough with the E500 to have kept it, and wouldn't have bought this if it weren't for the colour scheme, but as it is, it was too good to pass up.

Having selected the right model, it's something like Engine Module / Show Data / DPF / select all / show
And so, indeed, it was. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom