iCarsoft MB V2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I plugged the iCarsoft MBv2 in today for the first time. There were 5 fault codes. I have had a search on here and on the net to try and find out what they actually mean, but can't find anything! I have since cleared the codes, went to Tesco and back, ran the test again, the codes have not re-appeared.

I think they may be historic and never cleared before?

1. Overhead control Panel - Fault in CAN communication with control Module B10D7.
2. SAM Front - Signal acquisition and actuation module B1029.
3. Rear SAM - B1044 Circuit has under voltage <10.5V.
4. IC Instrument cluster - 9112 Fault in CAN communication with control module N10/8 Rear SAM.
5. DCM Front door control module, front right. B1502 (right front power window switch) The component has hung or short circuit/ignore erase.

I used my MB11 the other day to sort my air con out, simple enough it came up with low gas pressure. Had it gassed up for free at my pals shop and all good again.

Looking for something like this for my new purchase. I already have all the kit for BMW/Mini but MB seems to work very differently. Does anyone know if the new V2 supports the S205 chassis and engine? I realise there are limited functionalities with unofficial MB tools on this platform due to the need for Xentry, etc. but would be good to check and clear faults.

If nobody has tried it is there anyone near Preston or Wigan willing to connect and test on my vehicle?

Looking for something like this for my new purchase. I already have all the kit for BMW/Mini but MB seems to work very differently. Does anyone know if the new V2 supports the S205 chassis and engine? I realise there are limited functionalities with unofficial MB tools on this platform due to the need for Xentry, etc. but would be good to check and clear faults.

If nobody has tried it is there anyone near Preston or Wigan willing to connect and test on my vehicle?
It won't have everthing that STAR has, but it's probably the next best thing?

Pathfinder,
Jusy copy and paste each of your fault codes into Google, one by one, and yyou will get better information about the fault.

Steve.

I bought this new MB V2.0 unit, from the official UK distributor: UK Parts Direct

Just ordered via your link, love the search function on this forum! Had the engine light come on on my car, car runs fine so hoping it’s something silly. It was £135 so a great price

Reactions: GLK
I find the MB V2 to be very good. It has limited functionality in pre 2004 (obd 11) Mercs but it will still do auto trans and airbags ESp etc. It will even do steering angle on the older cars.

it won't read flow at the injectors on the pre 2004 but it will know if there is an electrical problem with an individual injector.
it is excellent on post 2004.
I got mine via a friend who got it through uk parts direct also.

Hi all

i am a new member and hoping for some help

i have a W204 2011 C220 CDI Sport, i have recently bought (yesterday) MB V2.0, the OBD2 function works well, the diagnostic function works well, i bought the device to be able to self regenerate, a function that this device has

i have an ongoing fiddly issue with a DPF that sometimes regenerates, (i know that this may be due to my travel habits) today i ran a diagnostic and as expected the soot content is high at 22mg and the DPF is at 400% full, the fault code was also there when i checked the OBD2 part, at this point i was happy,

now the bad bit, i went into the service menu and select "DPF-Benz- C(204), i am met with 3 different types of C220 CDI, 204.002, 204.008 and 204.302, none are specific to my car, i have tried to regenerate my car using all of them only to get the message "communication Failure, Application failed"

With all of the C220 vehicles that i select, i get as far as regeneration of diesel particulate filter and regeneration of diesel particulate filter while driving- set ignition switch to on, i press enter and get the above message

am i missing something/doing something wrong

ive just paid £2,500 quid this month to have a new ECU, New Timing chain and 2 new fuel injectors put in the motor and could do with making this work

any help would be great

I rather think that although icarsoft claim that MB V2 will perform DPF regen it actually will not. Some cars do not support this function under MBV2 this is why I purchased a full Star system, I have the early MB11 and that will not initiate DPF regen either. Think I may sell it on now I have star.

Hi

Really ? Surely they can’t say it will do something when it doesn’t ?

This is my first venture into anything like this I’m usually a hand in my pocket guy

I bought the MB V2 a while ago from the same source as GLK.
It had an issue so they told me to update the software from their site, I did and that bricked it. UK Parts said they would consult with their engineers but I heard nothing back after that. A month ago I asked them to accept a return but no reply from that.

Anyway David (GLK) kindly copied his software for me and that got mine going again. Thanks again David, no thanks are due to UK Parts.
However I am using it on a 639 and have concluded that it isn't any where near as useful as others suggest for their cars.
In the diagnostic menu it can't read the MAP, but in the Canbus menu it can. When you switch from one to the other it shows 'Link Error' until the thing has been unplugged for a while, a time for a cuppa tea while, then it connects.
It doesn't read AC values and no DPF regen.
There are lots within the menus that it shows 'Link Error' for.
In the diagnostics menu showing the Charge Pressure as 7.9 deg C doesn't instill confidence.

I have considered that it has caused me to chase red herrings on occasion so I'm waiting for a Star kit to arrive. Then I hope I'll be able to truly compare results. So far I don't have confidence in iCarsoft to be more than a basic bit of kit.

But I'm glad most people find them to be good kit.

I got mine from david’s link also, it didn’t read much on first plug in so I went back into the house and updated it and it worked great afterwards

Software it came with was quite behind

I must say, with my very limited auto mechanical prowess, I only used my MB v2 to clear [old failed] parking sensor error, and some scans of different systems, most of which I have no clue about :) That and a few electrical bits, which I'm more familiar with.

I haven't updated the software yet, might look into that later on.

As my car was built in October 2005 (06-reg), and is petrol, the MB v2 probably covers most of the systems - it's not a very sophisticated Merc ;)

All in all, mine is not a very representative experience with the iCarsoft MB v2, nor by any means, an in-depth analysis of its capabilities.
Cute colours and nice to hold though o_O

I got mine from david’s link also, it didn’t read much on first plug in so I went back into the house and updated it and it worked great afterwards

Software it came with was quite behind
Which version you've updated to, Ash?
I'm a bit reluctant to try, as they only have a Windows update app, and sometimes these do not like it, when run from within a virtual machine (I've no Windows systems, only macOS and Linux)

I haven't updated the software yet, might look into that later on.

Great unit! Yes if you plug it in to a computer it should say the software version on the screen. Upon my first try with the car, it wouldn’t connect to the top option on the system screen (forgot what it was, ECS... ENG?) so after the update everything worked

Pulled up two codes, hopefully not serious. Booked in with Nick to have a look at :confused:

Which version you've updated to, Ash?
I'm a bit reluctant to try, as they only have a Windows update app, and sometimes these do not like it, when run from within a virtual machine (I've no Windows systems, only macOS and Linux)

I can’t recall the number exactly, although the page is here and I selected V1 & V2 products on the left hand side~
Software Update for iCarsoft V1.0&V2.0 Products-iCarsoft Inc.

After downloading their update tool, it will bring up what’s installed and what version the update is and then ask if you want to update

I used it on my pc with windows installed, could possibly do this with either my works chrome book or my lynx 1020 tab (with windows) if you want me to nip over and update it for you some time

Sounds great, thanks!
Will try with a spare microSD card, if it works - fine, if not, I might take you up on your kind offer, cheers!

Thanks. Thinking of getting one specifically for the merc but if it could read and erase basic codes on other cars as well it would be useful

Yes, it does. I used my MB II in OBDII mode on my '07 Jaguar XK when it lit the EML, and cleared the fault code (running lean on one cylinder bank) successfully.

Yes, it does. I used my MB II in OBDII mode on my '07 Jaguar XK when it lit the EML, and cleared the fault code (running lean on one cylinder bank) successfully.

I have those on mine (c63), 045 and 049 mixture running lean in cylinder banks 1 & 2, have you not had them come back on?

No, the fault never came back, so must have been a transient glitch, but I've since sold the XK anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom