iCarsoft MB V2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, the fault never came back, so must have been a transient glitch, but I've since sold the XK anyway.

Slightly reassuring. I’m hoping it’s not serious on mine, booked into an Indy to check out

Anybody with one around Crewe with a reader i would like to test it out on my car see if i can find something and decide if i want one. I'll pay you for the trouble :) ty

I’ve just come across this in my research and ordered one for £126 tonight - there’s a tenner off tonight!

I find the icarsoft a real pain to update, dont know if any one else has the same problems

Mmm, I have the cheap Autel Maxi AP200 and it’s a nightmare - never connects to my device. So for what it costs I thought I’d give the icarsoft a try.

I find the icarsoft a real pain to update, dont know if any one else has the same problems

Many people have complained about it - though mine has successfully updated first time, every time - I guess I am lucky.

I’ve just bought one and discovered that you need a pc to update it 😡 guess I should have checked as we are a Mac household. I thought Macs were widely used these days...

Reactions: GLK
I’ve just bought one and discovered that you need a pc to update it 😡 guess I should have checked as we are a Mac household. I thought Macs were widely used these days...
I used the same WinXP virtual machine I have for Mercedes WIS / EPC in VMWare Fusion ... You can also setup one in Oracle VirtualBox, which is free.
Despite the very useful and nicely put together diagnostic tool, iCarsoft is a bit backwards software-wise: they were promising macOS version "very soon" - that was about two-and-a-half years ago...

I've got the CR V2 (1+4) version and find it really useful. I especially like being able to use it on different makes of vehicles, so I can work on all the cars in the household (maybe that's a mixed blessing!).

My MBV2.0 is running on the lastest software and doesn't give any live engine data (usually accessed via the ECM module in the Diagnostics section. It also doesn't to a dpf region (my car is a SLC 250d but the above is true for the SLK250CDi as well)

Hello All

I'm new to this forum having just purchased Vito Gen 3 for campervan conversion. I purchased a icarsoft V3 from [email protected] for use with servicing and general look see at what's going. To my surprise the tool doesn't want to work with the Gen3 software on the Vito. The V3 tool finds the VIN number but then tells the vehicle ie unidentifiable anyone has any suggestions that may help here. Perhaps I am doing something wrong
I would appreciate the heads up. Spoke to MB garage where I purchased the car and they said the only tool that will work with the GEN 3 software is the Snap on tool.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris and welcome . I have had my iCarsoft for some years now without problems. The updates have always worked. Before I bought mine I was warned to but direct from icarsoft as pirated units are rife out there.

The latest version should work with both new and older vehicles. Mine works well on non MB vehicles as well. I am not familiar with the 'Gen 3' but by law it must work with hardware not only sold by the manufacturer, but just SnapOn hardware ?? No idea mate .

I look forward to hearing the answer.

Thanks for that Pete. Gen 3 is the latest facelift version of the Vito. Mine is a 116 Blutec 170bhp (approx) on a 2015 plate. Just checked the supplier and LJM are an approved supplier for icarsoft so it would seem. The box has all the right codes on it and the tool works with the icarsoft up grade software.
I wonder if the ODB2 plug has been wired differently. It reads the VIN from the ECU OK. Its a Mystery!

Cheers

Next thing would be to convince someone with an identical vehicle to let you plug in and see what happens . not sure where you would start with that one .

I would contact icarsoft customer services and find out from them if it should work.

Might be a daft question but have you tried it as a 'non' MB scanner ? ie: just select 'OBD' off the menu rather than a specific MB vehicle.

Or will it not let you get even that far ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom