iCarsoft MBv2.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

area51

Car
A160 Avantgarde
Just bought myself one of these, nice bit of kit, very easy to use.

Unfortunately it won't communicate with the FTC (transmission ecu), says something like check ignition is on, ensure cable is properly connected and check if module is fitted to the vehicle. It reads the engine ecu, instrument cluster etc ok. Any ideas?

Reactions: GLK
Did u have the engine running ?

Is it the primary OBD-II port?
I tried connecting mine to the secondary port (extension), and it was doing that same thing on some of the modules.
Once I unplugged the Garmin ecoRoute from the primary port and plugged iCarsoft MB V2.0 in, everything was fine.

I've never heard of a primary or secondary ODB port? Can you elaborate?

Is it the primary OBD-II port?
I tried connecting mine to the secondary port (extension), and it was doing that same thing on some of the modules.
Once I unplugged the Garmin ecoRoute from the primary port and plugged iCarsoft MB V2.0 in, everything was fine.

Pretty sure that there is only one obd port on my car. Can you tell me more about the secondary (extension) port?

It's the one you fit in addition to the OE one, to plug in numerous gadgets ...
Mine is (are) due for revamp - I'm going to end up with two free ports and two or three inside the dash, with hard-wired gadgets :)

PS Will make sure all are absolutely identical - the current setup is a simple OBD splitter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom