Icarsoft mbv2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
Hi guys I have a mbv2 and although it shows air filter level it doesn't seem to allow a reset (adaption) for when a new filter is fitted. Question is I'm I missing the menu and second question is how important is it really to have the adaption performed when fitting a new filter?

X218 cls 250cdi (om651)

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Did you update it on their website before use? I didn’t when I got mine, and I was missing a lot of functions (c204)

Reactions: GLK
Did you update it on their website before use? I didn’t when I got mine, and I was missing a lot of functions (c204)
Yeah mate it's on latest firmware, I've contacted them directly and await their feedback pretty silly if it can't do that simple task

Is this not part of a " b " service . Which shows on the dash when the time comes. If so its easy enough to reset via the dash options.

Yeah mate it's on latest firmware, I've contacted them directly and await their feedback pretty silly if it can't do that simple task

Any chance you could put up a screen grab of the latest update for your MBV2? ( Its the iCarsoft MBV2 you are using? ) or at least the Nr of the upgrade? Last update I got from iCarsoft was in March 2019. Thanks

Any chance you could put up a screen grab of the latest update for your MBV2? ( Its the iCarsoft MBV2 you are using? ) or at least the Nr of the upgrade? Last update I got from iCarsoft was in March 2019. Thanks
Sorry mate I can't as currently on company business however from memory it's 11.30

Sorry mate I can't as currently on company business however from memory it's 11.30

Ok,,,on mine as from this evening it's 11.61, so should be OK; Here is a screen grab of the download:
Thanks for your help !! :D

Attachments

• iCarsoft Update Screen Grab 14.02.2020.PNG
    iCarsoft Update Screen Grab 14.02.2020.PNG
    139.8 KB · Views: 27
Ok,,,on mine as from this evening it's 11.61, so should be OK; Here is a screen grab of the download:
Thanks for your help !! :D
Oh wonder if there's a new update for mine then? Do you know whether you can reset the air filter with this new update?

Oh wonder if there's a new update for mine then? Do you know whether you can reset the air filter with this new update?

If it's 11.61, that's the latest one from 14th. Feb. If not then download it, and run a scan, see what faults are stored. I did not have to reset the air filter in mine after replacing it. Are you having a problem with your's?

No mate not having any problems just keep reading that when you fit a new air filter it should be reset on xentry, I bought the mbv2 thinking it should be able to cover these basic things rather than me having to get it out on Star just for a filter reset

No mate not having any problems just keep reading that when you fit a new air filter it should be reset on xentry, I bought the mbv2 thinking it should be able to cover these basic things rather than me having to get it out on Star just for a filter reset

Thats the first that I have heard about resetting after an air filter change. I changed the engine air filter on my w212, no problem with resetting etc........opened the box, removed the old filter, replaced it with the new on, closed the box, replaced the engine cover etc. Job done !!! And no fault codes stored, or dash warning lights on . Let me know how you get on, OK? :)

Thats the first that I have heard about resetting after an air filter change. I changed the engine air filter on my w212, no problem with resetting etc........opened the box, removed the old filter, replaced it with the new on, closed the box, replaced the engine cover etc. Job done !!! And no fault codes stored, or dash warning lights on . Let me know how you get on, OK? :)
Will do mate I've contacted icarsoft for advice, the "air filter adaption" should be reset when changing the filter. I had to do it on my w211

For some reason I seem to remember that air filter adaptation only needs doing on some diesel models? I may be wrong of course.......

I could be very wrong but I think it's more like and ECU reset (running a reset program).

I have asked this question before and one dealer will say yes it needs resetting while another will state the car will figure it out itself.

For this reason I figured that if I changed filter once a year mid service intervals then the car will figure it out for itself given the various readings from the engine will never be to far out from one change to another causing less impact. Plus filters are fairly cheap so why not.

One dealer did say that they only really need resetting when the filter is completely choked up as the engine will be getting a load of air that is not ready for which in time will even it out but initially will throw out various pressures across the engine.

If Icarsoft can't do it I'm sure a local indy will do this pretty cheaply.

I could be very wrong but I think it's more like and ECU reset (running a reset program).

I have asked this question before and one dealer will say yes it needs resetting while another will state the car will figure it out itself.

For this reason I figured that if I changed filter once a year mid service intervals then the car will figure it out for itself given the various readings from the engine will never be to far out from one change to another causing less impact. Plus filters are fairly cheap so why not.

One dealer did say that they only really need resetting when the filter is completely choked up as the engine will be getting a load of air that is not ready for which in time will even it out but initially will throw out various pressures across the engine.

If Icarsoft can't do it I'm sure a local indy will do this pretty cheaply.

Maybe it needed resetting in the 211's ( or earlier model's ?) Otherwise, it would make more sense to do a reset after replacing a blocked filter? I would think that when the filter blocks, it would trigger warning light's and codes? i must have a look at my ( newly arrived ) iCarsoft CR Pro, and see if it's listed there.

Maybe it needed resetting in the 211's ( or earlier model's ?) Otherwise, it would make more sense to do a reset after replacing a blocked filter? I would think that when the filter blocks, it would trigger warning light's and codes? i must have a look at my ( newly arrived ) iCarsoft CR Pro, and see if it's listed there.

The filters would be designed to work at maximum tolerances with the car. To throw up any codes I would imagine it’d pretty much to have sucked up concrete restricting the air flow to such a degree it would be starving the engine of air altogether.

In real world driving I don’t think it’s too much to worry about which is why opinion differ from dealer to dealer.

The proper way would be to do a reset as per the mb book but to be fair I think you’d have to take part in a Top Gear special to attempt to throw any codes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom