ICarsoft monitored my DPF regen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geoffus

MB Enthusiast
Car
E250 AMG Sport Convertible, B200, Yamaha YZF R1, Suzuki 650 Bandit.
Took my car for a short motorway drive yesterday, plugged the ICarsoft in to check my levels.
The DPF was around 60% when I started off and within 6 miles you could watch the levels start to reduce and at the end was at 5
% and stopped there.
It seemed to start during the first few miles, I was at 60 mph in auto around 1500 revs, there was no noticible smoke, increase of revs or smell. The whole process was undetectable and seamless. I just thought it would be more dramatic and need high revs etc.
Always used Tesco fuel and not used any fuel additives.

Must be running very efficient.

image.jpeg

Out of interest how many miles did you do in total to get that ?

Thats very interesting.. I wonder if these cars regen more than we first thought and under conditions when the engine is warming up also? 6 miles wouldn't see my temp gauge much above 70C.

Do you do lots of shorter journeys? Ive been wondering as my journeys are usually well under 6 miles and have been for the last 12 months..:oops:

i noticed on mine the engine note changes at low speed,mine was doing this just as i got home friday night but wasnt really thinking and keyed off and then on sunday when i took it for a short drive i noticed a burning rubber smell when i got out of the car so i guessed i interrupted a regen,do these instantly start a regen once restarted after interruption as i took it on a 21 mile commute today and didn't notice anything

Thats very interesting.. I wonder if these cars regen more than we first thought and under conditions when the engine is warming up also? 6 miles wouldn't see my temp gauge much above 70C.

Do you do lots of shorter journeys? Ive been wondering as my journeys are usually well under 6 miles and have been for the last 12 months..:oops:
I have bee doing very short journeys lately, it hasn’t gone very far for 6 months, we always use the wife’s car with dogs and such.
It seems to me that modern cars do little regens all the time without anyone knowing. Maybe that’s why they don’t fit a regen light on the dashboard as it would get irritating. After my journey the fill level went back up to 50% on the way home, after maybe 40 odd miles. There were no tell take sign of the initial regen, nothing at all.
I guess the ECU is working very efficiently keeping my car clean.

220cdi W2040022 42000 miles had very little use due to lockdown.
Wonder if any of you good Mercedes owners can advise if the DPF data is good or bad.

Soot content 1g
Ash content 0g

Fill level of DPF 57%.

Thanks

Attachments

• DD337DE8-BA98-4FFE-8724-498012102562.jpeg
    DD337DE8-BA98-4FFE-8724-498012102562.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • C3E2703B-4489-4EF4-87BC-5346D0D98A85.jpeg
    C3E2703B-4489-4EF4-87BC-5346D0D98A85.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 10
Looks pretty normal, when you get to 75% fill level your car will do a little regen, but you wont notice unless you drive around with the Icarsoft connected up, that's what I did.

Looks pretty normal, when you get to 75% fill level your car will do a little regen, but you wont notice unless you drive around with the Icarsoft connected up, that's what I did.
Thanks for reply it’s good to know it’s normal
Will keep monitoring to check regen has taken place,

Just of note. I had a check engine light come on with my 350 as it was getting very little mileage at the time. Turns out that soot was the problem and it needed a regen but I couldn't figure out why the car wouldn't do one.
I think if you have very little fuel in your car it will not start the cycle. As soon as I popped a quarter tank in the cycle started.

Just of note. I had a check engine light come on with my 350 as it was getting very little mileage at the time. Turns out that soot was the problem and it needed a regen but I couldn't figure out why the car wouldn't do one.
I think if you have very little fuel in your car it will not start the cycle. As soon as I popped a quarter tank in the cycle started.
That's correct, if the fuel level is below a certain level it will not regenerate.

That's correct, if the fuel level is below a certain level it will not regenerate.
Yep, I had to find out the hard way. The cause eluded me for weeks.
The check engine light actually came on the day I was due to sell it, kind of ruined my plans. The buyer wanted a £3.5K reduction to continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom