ICarsoft monitored my DPF regen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CairoKolton

Car
BMW
Took my car for a short motorway drive yesterday, plugged the ICarsoft in to check my levels.
The DPF was around 60% when I started off and within 6 miles you could watch the levels start to reduce and at the end was at 5
% and stopped there.
It seemed to start during the first few miles, I was at 60 mph in auto around 1500 revs, there was no noticible smoke, increase of revs or smell. The whole process was undetectable and seamless. I just thought it would be more dramatic and need high revs etc.
Always used Tesco fuel and not used any fuel additives.

Took my car for a short motorway drive yesterday, plugged the ICarsoft in to check my levels.
The DPF was around 60% when I started off and within 6 miles you could watch the levels start to reduce and at the end was at 5
% and stopped there.
It seemed to start during the first few miles, I was at 60 mph in auto around 1500 revs, there was no noticible smoke, increase of revs or smell. The whole process was undetectable and seamless. I just thought it would be more dramatic and need high revs etc.
Anytime that I have plugged my iCarsoft CR Pro, the vehicle has always been stationary , switched on with engine running and sometimes not. But I've never used it while driving. So, after plugging it in, what menu do you access? Engine Live Data, DPF? Or something else? I would like to try this, so any tips would be appreciated. :thumb:

Anytime that I have plugged my iCarsoft CR Pro, the vehicle has always been stationary , switched on with engine running and sometimes not. But I've never used it while driving. So, after plugging it in, what menu do you access? Engine Live Data, DPF? Or something else? I would like to try this, so any tips would be appreciated. :thumb:

Mine has a separate dpf section , think its in service section along with sbc, reset oil ,bleed brakes etc etc .... it worked with my 2015 c250 but no good with my 2017 e350. Its becoming a chocolate fireguard tbh. Even after updates.

In my case its=
Diagnostics
Merc
Version V11.207
E (207)
Convertible
Diesel
207.403 E250 blue efficiency
manual
ECM
View Data
Check Diesel particulate filter,

Then tick= fill level, soot content, ash and total distance traveled
Press F2

tape the Icarsoft to your dash and go for a steady run.

Bingo.

In my case its=
Diagnostics
Merc
Version V11.207
E (207)
Convertible
Diesel
207.403 E250 blue efficiency
manual
ECM
View Data
Check Diesel particulate filter,

Then tick= fill level, soot content, ash and total distance traveled
Press F2

tape the Icarsoft to your dash and go for a steady run.

Bingo.
I'll look into this . Tnx .

Mine has a separate dpf section , think its in service section along with sbc, reset oil ,bleed brakes etc etc .... it worked with my 2015 c250 but no good with my 2017 e350. Its becoming a chocolate fireguard tbh. Even after updates.
Which iCarsoft do you have? With the older iCarsoft MB 11, I can't regen,but it will tell mileage since last regen, and give soot levels etc. The CR Pro version will regen, and also give current ash / soot levels, but I can't find the data about last regens.

Which iCarsoft do you have? With the older iCarsoft MB 11, I can't regen,but it will tell mileage since last regen, and give soot levels etc. The CR Pro version will regen, and also give current ash / soot levels, but I can't find the data about last regens.
Mb2 v2. Wish they came with instructions tbh. The amount of menus within a menu is mind numbing.

Mb2 v2. Wish they came with instructions tbh. The amount of menus within a menu is mind numbing.
Well for the iCarsoft MB11, there's a fine instruction leaflet, which is easy to see and use. Unfortunately, while it does give good info on the registration and updating the unit, its not very forthcoming on "How to do" operations.
The iCarsoft CR Pro, on the other hand, does give good step by step info on how to do several different operations DPF regen, EPB, SAS, ABS, Injectors ,Battery Voltage Test. BUT....even with good eyesight ( which I am blessed with ) I still had to use glasses with 3.5 magnification to read it. Obviously, they were trying to cut corners on print costs. Would be good if forum members posted their own step by step instructions on how they managed a particular scan and rectification.

% and stopped there.essay writer
thank you my issue has been solved

Can I access this on the CR pro?

Can I access this on the CR pro?
Yes, ( see CairoKolton post above )
Switch on the ignition and start engine.
Plug iCarsoft into the OBD port.
Select MB, and identify your particular version.
Select manual scan.
Engine control module.
Select DPF.
Select live data.
And you are in.
It gives 14 different reading's on status.

Select manual scan.
Engine control module.
Select DPF.
Select live data.
And you are in.
Thanks, that was my original post. CairoKolton copied it for some reason, cheeky bugger.

Thanks, that was my original post. CairoKolton copied it for some reason, cheeky bugger.
Lol, and there I was, trying to be helpful..but aside from that, we badly need OBD scanner " step by step how to "posts, and especially those with iCarsoft experience.

Lol, and there I was, trying to be helpful..but aside from that, we badly need OBD scanner " step by step how to "posts, and especially those with iCarsoft experience.
Didn’t mean you, it was the new member cairoKolton, he copied and pasted my original post for his first post🙀

Select manual scan.
Engine control module.
Select DPF.
Select live data.
And you are in.
Thanks for that 👍🏻 So Maual scan when engine is started?
I was unsure if you could perform a scan with engine running
I’m having ongoing problems with DPF

I set mine up and stuck it over the sat nav screen, watched DPF go from 60% to 5% while on a steady drive out.

Thats what I do anyway...and I never plug in the iCarsoft without first at least turning on the ignition,follow the instructions in the previous post, and the live data will produce 3 seperate reports ...1-5, 6-10 and 11-14. Herunder are the results of my scans. And to the best of my knowledge, all healthy , so compare them with your scans.

Attachments

• iCarsoft MB DPF Scan pages 1-5 07.04.2021.jpg
    iCarsoft MB DPF Scan pages 1-5 07.04.2021.jpg
    986.3 KB · Views: 40
  • iCarsoft MB DPF Scan Pages 6-10 07.04.2021.jpg
    iCarsoft MB DPF Scan Pages 6-10 07.04.2021.jpg
    790.3 KB · Views: 37
  • iCarsoft MB DPF scan pages 11-14 07.04.2021.jpg
    iCarsoft MB DPF scan pages 11-14 07.04.2021.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 38
Unable to perform this on mine, no function for GLC250d 😢
Have you tried any other 250 model to see if it will work.
levels.jpeg

Have you tried any other 250 model to see if it will work.
View attachment 111572
Yes, doesn’t list GLC at all to do with DPF, I’ve tried to run it through C class and E class but all
I get is ‘function not supported on this vehicle’

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom