ICarSoft not deleting code error code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimViano32

Car
Viano 3.2
I finally took the plunge and brought my own iCarSoft MB V2 from UK parts direct (given the concerns expressed about take units).

I was able to connect the unit and find my vehicle and all seemed to be good. I scanned the SRS system and error codes were identified (the light was on the dash) but when I tried to clear/erase the codes I got the following message:

"failed to complete erase operation"

I tried scanning other systems, found historic errors and was able to clear these successful. So my question is...

Am I doing something wrong? Is the system likely to be faulty? Or does the fact the SRS error won't clear mean that there is a bigger problem?

I appreciate there's a fair bit on the forum about SRS errors and solutions, which I will try. I just could find anything in these forums or the ICarSoft website FAQs.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Try using the obd2 section to clear code.

It's possibly a current fault and won't erase till repaired. What's the fault code and error?

I am guessing that this is just one of the shortcomings of the iCarsoft system, and the fault needs to be erased with STAR.

My own experience is that persistent fault codes simply keep coming back at the next scan, rather than display an error message saying they can't be deleted.

But I may be wrong.

Also, have you updated the iCarsoft software, and did you follow the code erase instructions?

What caused the SRS error and has this been repaired?

Many folks think a code reader will just clear the code but the fault does need repaired first. ;)

Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate it.

I tried the obd section but not faults are shown there sadly.

It's running version list v11.30, is that the most current?

I suspect that there must be an underlying issue that isn't allowing me to erase the code, as you guys have suggested.... I was being naively optimistic that it was appearing as I had unplugged the cables on both the passenger and drivers seats (to clean the dog hair from a previous owner!).

I've attached pictures of the the error codes I am getting. I appreciate I'm being a bit lazy asking for help and I will go look through the forums, but if anyone has better experience of the same/similar fault and could point me to the answer quicker, I'd be very grateful!

Attachments

• IMG_20210228_170441.jpg
    IMG_20210228_170441.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20210228_170426.jpg
    IMG_20210228_170426.jpg
    770 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20210228_170400.jpg
    IMG_20210228_170400.jpg
    908 KB · Views: 26
Think 11.60 is out now . You could try removing the battery earth and see if things reset. Something you should have done before unplugging srs systems 😁😁

Do you have the engine running when trying to clear the codes? That can can sometimes stop codes clearing, usually just engine related codes though.

Have you repaired the broken wire listed in faults?

it may be the pressure pad sensor in the seat. Check the connectors to it are in properly. Check wires haven’t been damaged by clumsy feet.

It may either require a new sensor pad (or an emulator fitted instead), but the code might need to be reset on STAR/XENTRY.

Think 11.60 is out now . You could try removing the battery earth and see if things reset. Something you should have done before unplugging srs systems 😁😁
I'll try that tomorrow, thanks.

Just in case I'm being a complete idiot, the battery earth? Does that mean the two terminal clamps? Live and neutral?... Is the fact I'm asking that question telling me I should leave it alone 😂

I'll try that tomorrow, thanks.

Just in case I'm being a complete idiot, the battery earth? Does that mean the two terminal clamps? Live and neutral?... Is the fact I'm asking that question telling me I should leave it alone 😂
Just release the earth for 20 seconds or so. The black not the red 😂😂😂

Before going to town looking for broken wires or faulty parts always check the simplist things first, fuses 😉

If you're going to update iCarsoft be sure to back up the existing micro SD first.
Better, put a new card in and save the original , in case.

I did exactly the same, unplugged the connector under the passenger seat, reconnected it, and then erased the SRS fault codes with iCarsoft MB v2.0 - no problems.

I suspect that either the wiring has been disturbed or the plug not reconnected properly etc, or there's an issue with the iCarsoft. I am suspicious however as to why the 'historic' code can't be deleted? To my mind this reinforces the theory of an issue with the scanner or cable etc.

I did exactly the same, unplugged the connector under the passenger seat, reconnected it, and then erased the SRS fault codes with iCarsoft MB v2.0 - no problems.

I suspect that either the wiring has been disturbed or the plug not reconnected properly etc, or there's an issue with the iCarsoft. I am suspicious however as to why the 'historic' code can't be deleted? To my mind this reinforces the theory of an issue with the scanner or cable etc.
i know, late to the game, i am having the same problem with stored srs codes, didthis problem get fixed?

I'm not sure it makes too much of a difference, but when selecting the Mercedes and engine model, have you confirmed you're using the correct option.

E.g. for my w212, it's a w212.023 and this is an option in the list for w212s, but there are another 4 or 5 w212s to choose from.

If you go to lastvin.com and put your VIN number it, it will confirm the exact 6 digit number for your model, and you can make sure you pick the correct one from the iCarsoft list.

Good luck

i know, late to the game, i am having the same problem with stored srs codes, didthis problem get fixed?

In my case, the issue turned out to be a faulty Front Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor, which is a very common fault. Replacing the sensor mat resolved the issue.

Have you tried using the OBD2 section to delete codes , not the Merc specific section of the mb2.

Have you tried using the OBD2 section to delete codes , not the Merc specific section of the mb2.
They are not showing on the obd side, only the merc side. Stored srs codes that unsucessfully clear. Im gonna try to fiddle with the connectors under the seats and see if that works

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom