iCarSoft OBD Fault Reader/Clearing Device Review + ***Forum Discount Code***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Here is my review of the iCarSoft Mercedes OBD Tool:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Save 5% on your Carly device with code "KillerHERTZ5"

Last edited:
Just make sure its up to date on the software but defo can as I did on my ML280 2007. Can't speak for other models but defo worked...

Just make sure its up to date on the software but defo can as I did on my ML280 2007. Can't speak for other models but defo worked...

Just updated it & I can see a couple more options now
:)

I wanted to review it as it came from the factory which is why I haven't done it before.

Its actualy before you choose Mercedes on the 1st screen I think......you can bleed brakes and set E Brakes etc....choose injectors then it will ask which model of Merc!!!

Would this be able to test front, rear SAM and other modules on a w203 2004 c class? Thanks

Thanks just researching this vs the Carly it's a tough choice( it's the monthly subscription I'm not fond off really as for the hobbyist etc not sure it's worthwhile for how much id use it) but within the whole family there's also VW transporter 2011 T5 and old Nissan Micra and a MG ZR so trying to work out what's best especially since my VCDs vagcom died :(

Its a really tough choice, as I mentioned at the end of the video they both are basically the same in abilities, iCarsoft has a little more, - Carly interface is better however, but you cant hide the subscription is a bit of a pain (even though they both even out roughly)

Discount codes on both on the video descriptions if you do buy one of them :)

Last edited:
Nice review. I have the icarsoft. I’m no expert with it but I find it a pain that to check for faults you have run the scan and then go and check each module for a fault. Much better if it just listed them all.

Nice review. I have the icarsoft. I’m no expert with it but I find it a pain that to check for faults you have run the scan and then go and check each module for a fault. Much better if it just listed them all.
I'm no expert either but to be honest I think most are like this now and in a way it's useful and it might find faults or warnings to potential fault especially when buying a car etc or not really a known problem

Just a bump that the offer code is still active at the moment:

Save 5% on your Carly device with code "KillerHERTZ5"

I have one of these but have a couple of gripes with it.

1. There's multiple w204 c220 models in the list with no explanation of how to work out which matches my car

2. None of the dpf related functions work..I'd have expected to be able to trigger a regen on demand.

I've updated the iCarsoft mb2 to the latest firmware but that didn't improve it.

I have one of these but have a couple of gripes with it.

1. There's multiple w204 c220 models in the list with no explanation of how to work out which matches my car

2. None of the dpf related functions work..I'd have expected to be able to trigger a regen on demand.

I've updated the iCarsoft mb2 to the latest firmware but that didn't improve it.

The model can be worked out from the first digits of your VIN.

For example: if your VIN starts with WDD2040312Axxxxxx, choose model 204.312 on iCarsoft.

The model can be worked out from the first digits of your VIN.

For example: if your VIN starts with WDD2040312Axxxxxx, choose model 204.312 on iCarsoft.
Thanks for that Mark, I'll get out soon to check that. Much appreciated.

i have the previous version, orange with the 38 pin addon for my w208. is it worth an upgrade?

you are welcome
You do know that that to send Private Messages you need thirty posts and be a member for thirty days don’t you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom