iCarSoft OBD Fault Reader/Clearing Device Review + ***Forum Discount Code***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Which Icarsoft is best for the W211? Some say the MB 2.0 and the others say a slightly different one.

I've an S211 and was entertaining the idea of the MB2.0. As we have other cars in the household I thought I'd better get something more universal and went with the CR Max. Double the price but I've ended up using it more on the wife's Xtrail already, so been useful.
It seems to connect to every module OK on the S211 but I'm not so impressed with the live data. Some of scaling seems implausible and update rate is poor. 1s samples for rail pressure is useless. One of the other users here showed the same implausible units on their MB2.0, so seems an iCarSoft thing.

I bought the CR Pro version. That’s compatible with all car brands, so it will cover other cars in your household. Plus I generally only keep cars a couple of years, so if I move away from Mercedes it will still be usable.

Here is my review of the iCarSoft Mercedes OBD Tool:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Save 5% on your Carly device with code "KillerHERTZ5"
I have just brought when isay it can do a forced regen but when I click on it it says not supported why is there away around this

Has anyone tried using the MB 2.0 on other brands - doesn't it have some kind of basic OBD scanning functionality on other brands or did I imagine that?

Yes, you can try it on your MB too.

One feature that is supported in EOBD mode is the freeze frame. Can be useful to give some basic info from when fault triggered, eg speed, temps, etc. Icarsoft don't support that in MB mode.

Yes, you can try it on your MB too.

One feature that is supported in EOBD mode is the freeze frame. Can be useful to give some basic info from when fault triggered, eg speed, temps, etc. Icarsoft don't support that in MB mode.

As above, it works on any car but will only provide the basic OBDII info

I'll have to give it a go on the Golf and see if it provides any helpful info tracking down an issue. Trying to avoid purchasing a VW specific scanner - I'd be better off selling my MB 2.0 and buying the PRO version that does any car.

Purchased a 2022 W206 and have the icarsoft cr pro. Even though correct model listed, it will not read full data. Have done a bit of research and found out that this model has DOIP. Is there any recommendation of a device that will work without costing north of £1k

I've seen Launch CRP919X and CRP919E units are under £400 and boasts DOIP, but never tried one.

Anyone who bought a car pro , can you please check for me the current version it's running for mercedes. Mine is saying 12.6 is this correct. ?

Tried it on my GLC today , it's worse than my mb3 I sold . Won't even talk to the engine control. Not happy at all 😔😔.

Just plugged my CR Pro in to my laptop and it's running V12.60 for Merc, no issues scanning our pre-facelift GLC.

Just plugged my CR Pro in to my laptop and it's running V12.60 for Merc, no issues scanning our pre-facelift GLC.
Mines a 18/19 GLC 350 with Bosch engine controller , it's not showing anything for reading any data . Useless . All it does is scan for codes or clear them.

Thanks for confirming version though.

Tried the cr pro on the ford Kuga and its got hundreds of data streams , definitely mercedes got a hold over icarsoft and what they provide. 😔 Annoyed !!!

Tried the cr pro on the ford Kuga and its got hundreds of data streams , definitely mercedes got a hold over icarsoft and what they provide. 😔 Annoyed !!!
None of the manufacturers provide this data openly, well not for free anyway. They will sell this data, but low end tool providers don't purchase it.
Most of this data comes from companies that reverse engineer the manufacturer tools and sell the data on. The likes of icarsoft are at the bottom of the chain. They aren't going to be paying top dollar for that data if there's little demand for it.

I purchased v3.0 hoping it would do a manual dpf regen on my w205 but nope doesn't do it! Any alternatives for a similar price please?

Also any code readers out there that can give current adblue level as my w205 doesn't show adblue level in service menu! I know star will show the level but hoping for a normal code reader to be compatible..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom