Icarsoft or Autel??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smoothcoupe

Car
MERCEDES E55K-2001 AUDI S8-MERCEDES 300CE 24V SPORTLINE
hi all, I’m in the market for a diagnostic scanner. Has anyone got any advice or experience using the icarsoft i980 or the mv2, which are Merc specific, or the autel 880 pro which apparently does different makes and models also.????

I had an Autel (MB specific) which I used with my W203, and it worked well, but the disappointing part was that in spite of the fact that in theory it could be updated from the Internet, there was never any update released for it.

So when I bought the W204, it wasn't supported on the old Autel and I could no longer use it, and would have needed to buy a newer model.

Instead I bought the iCarsoft MB v2, which has regular updates released for it, so hopefully it will serve me also into my next Merc...

I have the Icarsoft MBII version 2 and it's a cracking bit of kit.
So good in fact, I sold my Star C4 kit as I just didn't use it.
All I'm waiting for is the update that's been promised to force a DPF regen on my W212 E250.
Life would then be very good

I have been looking at getting an Autel Tablet for a while now but not pushed the button yet.

I think I was looking at the MS980 Pro from memory. It does ECU programming and key coding apparently as well. It was about 1500 so not cheap but I have a few cars and was interested as work in the IT/Tech sector.

According to diagnostic world on YouTube, the autel md808 pro does everything the icarsoft Mercedes specific models do but cover other makes and models too. If that’s the case I think it’s a good bit of kit for £300. What do you guys think?

According to diagnostic world on YouTube, the autel md808 pro does everything the icarsoft Mercedes specific models do but cover other makes and models too. If that’s the case I think it’s a good bit of kit for £300. What do you guys think?

If you have other cars... possibly.

But if not... then the iCarsoft is less than half the price.

Think I’ll probably go for the autel md808 as I have a 2004 E55 and in the market for a E60 535d msport. So hopefully should serve both cars well should anything go wrong!!

Another vote for the MB V2 here. Very good kit.

If you want to do ECU programming and key coding, Autel is better.
But if not, iCarsoft is better.

I carsoft mb11

I have had an i980 for a few years, I updated it last night and the firmware was (fairly) recent -2017 but the data looks like it hasn’t been updated since 2014, so may not be complete for my car.
Need to do a bit of digging to see if there is a more recent version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom