iCarsoft V2 - Mileage inconsistencies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGundam

Car
2012 C207 E350Cdi
Hi everyone,

Bit of a head scratcher here.

I picked up a 2012 C207 E350Cdi 2 days ago that is 102,693 miles (165,268 Km). Odd thing is that when I delve into the ECU via iCarsoft V2 to see when regen was last done I am getting the following. (1517120 Km / 942,694 miles)

jHd09Aa.jpg

Anyone know what might be up? iCarsoft units wrong? Changed engine?

Did another reading today and got totally different values:
7tKEE8E.jpg

Most likely a duff reading. There will be a number on your engine somewhere, check it against the one that should be on the vehicle or against the VIN

Most likely a duff reading. There will be a number on your engine somewhere, check it against the one that should be on the vehicle or against the VIN
I'll try and find the engine code tomorrow. Bit annoying though as I am trying to see when it last did a DPF regen but no idea what's going on with those readings.

Not sure, but I doubt it would still be driving if it regenerated nearly a million miles ago!

My '59 E350 has completely nonsensical reports for DPF readings. My Dad's 60 E350 has a perfect readout.

For ages I was sure that my DPF was knackered, or a sensor was broken. Even took my car to Mercedes and an indie. Turns out the MB2.0 is just not able to find all this data on all cars.

iCarSoft don't really care.

I've got a ICarsoft V1. My DPF values don't make sense either.

The wording is different "Driving distance since last successful particulate filter regeneration 80878.26 mile"
The car has only done 63k miles so this is clearly wrong. I've seen similar nonsense values on youtube videoes.

I had an issue with my DPF which is now fixed. While I had the issue the reported "last regen" value never changed.
Now the DPF is fixed, I've noticed the "last regen" value is incrementing.

Here's some data I recorded
Mileage "last regen"
60,80 78,703
62,378 80,244
63,399 80,878

I wouldn't worry that your car has been clocked. iCarsoft just doesn't do a good job of presenting the data.
I don't have much confidence on iCarsoft. Been checking my car today. In one section the coolant temp is 51F, in another section its 521F !
Are there two coolant temperature sensors and one of them is faulty? Or is iCarsoft "sub optimal"?

I was going to start a thread on iCarsoft. Maybe I could hijack this thread...anyone else want to chip in with their experience?

Mr Gundam
Congrats on the 2012 C207 E350Cdi, fingers crossed there's no surprises :)

It's probably got the same OM642 engine as my S350.
If you don't mind, could we compare iCarsoft values? There's several areas I'm interested in. Lets start with the throttle pedal.
Apparently the throttle pedal is another common failure point. I'm wondering if iCarsoft can be used to detect a failing pedal.

iCarsoft reports two throttle pedal sensor values. For me the values are different. Maybe this is significant?
What do you see on your car?

Attachments

• 20210220_104748.jpg
    20210220_104748.jpg
    794.7 KB · Views: 5
Mr Gundam
Congrats on the 2012 C207 E350Cdi, fingers crossed there's no surprises :)

It's probably got the same OM642 engine as my S350.
If you don't mind, could we compare iCarsoft values? There's several areas I'm interested in. Lets start with the throttle pedal.
Apparently the throttle pedal is another common failure point. I'm wondering if iCarsoft can be used to detect a failing pedal.

iCarsoft reports two throttle pedal sensor values. For me the values are different. Maybe this is significant?
What do you see on your car?
I currently have the car up on stands whilst I sort out a burst brake line!

Once complete I will take a look at iCarsoft V2 again. Mine doesn't even have the DPF % full info would you believe. Not impressed tbh

Not sure, but I doubt it would still be driving if it regenerated nearly a million miles ago!
It would if it was Terracleaned . Those that know will get it.

I currently have the car up on stands whilst I sort out a burst brake line!

Once complete I will take a look at iCarsoft V2 again. Mine doesn't even have the DPF % full info would you believe. Not impressed tbh

Run your reg into the vehicle smart app. It'll list every mot and its mileage at the time. Id ignore what icarsoft scanner says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom