ICE and Subs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

comports

Car
CLK 350 Cabriolet
Hi Gang,

Still learning a lot about my CLK but still many unanswered questions.

I have a really great sound in my car - It has the usual door speakers but also has a bose speaker (Possible Sub) under the armrest in the rear. Can someone confirm if this is a sub..? Also - do these cars have amps as mine really pumps it out. I don't understand a lot about the Merc systems yet but would like to know if it has one and if so where.

Also whats the possibility of speaker/sub/amp upgrades..?

Many thanks in advance.

Also whats the possibility of speaker/sub/amp upgrades..?

Hi comports Unless your stock head unit has a pre out (red and white pins) you cant put no amp or sub i would suggest checking that as the first point of call before thinking subs and amps (unless you plan to change the head unit also). In terms of speakers i would advise either Alpine or Pioneer replacement speakers. If you find out all the sizes and measurements of speakers in you car i can recomend some good speakers.

yes if your car has the bosé rear seat speaker - then you will have an amp behind the metal shield in the boot that covers the roof controller and pump, which can only be accessed that way too, the sub is found behind the rear seats and you get to it by removing the rear seats ( no input or outputs can be added to the bosé amp but it does control all the speakers in the car) i have the same bosé setup in mine. photo of the sub housing attached.

Attachments

• DSC00098.JPG
    DSC00098.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 105
  • open.JPG
    open.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
My brother had an aftermarket 1000w sub in the boot, due to the great soundproofing, they had to remove the rear BOSE parcelshelf speakers and just leave the grills on in order to get enough bass into the cabin!

Amp

i installed an after market amp too, dropped in nicely in the spare wheel holder :devil: (in the photo you can see the black bosé amp above it too)

Attachments

• DSC02867.JPG
    DSC02867.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 100
Ahh unit504 i see you got a V12 Alpine amp very good one that is

Alpine

thanks the V12 does the job very nicely - it also has the option installed on it where you can control all the functions from the upfront head unit!
no more gettin in and out the car to adjust gains/fans/etc...

Attachments

• DSC00048.JPG
    DSC00048.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
yep in terms of components alpines are pretty good, I have a set of mids and tweeter alpine type R and pioneer 1000W amp, 2 x 12" pioneer subs. Sound proofed the boot and disconnected the rear speakers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom