ICE and Subs

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by comports, May 21, 2007.

1. comports

comports Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK 350 Cabriolet
    Hi Gang,

Still learning a lot about my CLK but still many unanswered questions.

I have a really great sound in my car - It has the usual door speakers but also has a bose speaker (Possible Sub) under the armrest in the rear. Can someone confirm if this is a sub..? Also - do these cars have amps as mine really pumps it out. I don't understand a lot about the Merc systems yet but would like to know if it has one and if so where.

Also whats the possibility of speaker/sub/amp upgrades..?

Many thanks in advance.

2. gurpz

gurpz Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    Mercedes C230K Sport
    Hi comports Unless your stock head unit has a pre out (red and white pins) you cant put no amp or sub i would suggest checking that as the first point of call before thinking subs and amps (unless you plan to change the head unit also). In terms of speakers i would advise either Alpine or Pioneer replacement speakers. If you find out all the sizes and measurements of speakers in you car i can recomend some good speakers.

3. unit504

unit504 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A **** heap
    yes if your car has the bosé rear seat speaker - then you will have an amp behind the metal shield in the boot that covers the roof controller and pump, which can only be accessed that way too, the sub is found behind the rear seats and you get to it by removing the rear seats ( no input or outputs can be added to the bosé amp but it does control all the speakers in the car) i have the same bosé setup in mine. photo of the sub housing attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  4. KillerHERTZ

KillerHERTZ Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    CLS63 AMG
    My brother had an aftermarket 1000w sub in the boot, due to the great soundproofing, they had to remove the rear BOSE parcelshelf speakers and just leave the grills on in order to get enough bass into the cabin!

5. unit504

Car:
    A **** heap
    Amp

i installed an after market amp too, dropped in nicely in the spare wheel holder :devil: (in the photo you can see the black bosé amp above it too)

Attached Files:

6. gurpz

gurpz Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    Mercedes C230K Sport
    Ahh unit504 i see you got a V12 Alpine amp very good one that is

7. unit504

Car:
    A **** heap
    Alpine

thanks the V12 does the job very nicely - it also has the option installed on it where you can control all the functions from the upfront head unit!
    no more gettin in and out the car to adjust gains/fans/etc...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  8. chrisbala

chrisbala Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK w208
    yep in terms of components alpines are pretty good, I have a set of mids and tweeter alpine type R and pioneer 1000W amp, 2 x 12" pioneer subs. Sound proofed the boot and disconnected the rear speakers

9. unit504

Car:
    A **** heap

Tags: