Ice Ice Baby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Well thought I would treat myself... Whats the point in saving all the time if someone can just come and take it all from under your eyes eh..

Anyway, I bought myself:

Kenwood 522 DVD Motorised Screen Jobby
Kenwood Sat Nav System
Kenwood TMC unit (Traffic Re Routing Module)
kenwood Digital TV Tuner
Kenwood CD Changer (from ebay as I found a cheap bargain)
Kenwood Video Ipod Lead
Colour Reverse Camera

Took me all day yesterday to strip my cars interior out... A lot of wiring and soldering and heat shrink etc...

Anyway was amazed when it all worked first time.

Can thoroughly recommend

http://www.carstereos4u.co.uk/

I was a little nervous buying from a shop in east london but it all arrived within 18 hours of ordering!

This is the main kit I bought
http://www.carstereos4u.co.uk/in-da...-kna-g421--and-gtm10-839598-322630-515563.php

But was incorrectly priced at £749 last week ;)

With all the other bits it came in at around £1100...

Im off to watch tv in me car now..

:D

Similar specs to mine. We have the blue tooth gizzmo which is very good. I don't touch anything and it finds the telephone.

All I need to figure out is how to add the POI's :eek: :eek:

pics...pics...pics... ;)

thStopTom.gif

link works for you then... yes you can have it set to slow or quick... so i went for turbocharged..

Looks really good ...... nice ..well done:rock:

Have you rigged up the reversing camera? Does it have the lines on it of the parking bay etc..? If so do you have to calibate them?

Have you rigged up the reversing camera? Does it have the lines on it of the parking bay etc..? If so do you have to calibate them?

Yes works really well, its wide angle so its a little difficult to judge distances accurately on it... will have to get used to it or see if it can be adjusted somehow.

We have the blue tooth gizzmo which is very good. I don't touch anything and it finds the telephone.

Think I have all the ad ons bar b/tooth... I have my b/tooth headset which i prefer to use as it connects to both of my phones at once...

GRRRR Just got my Kenwood CD Changer.. guess what it doesnt fit! Spoke to Kenwood who say they are scrapping CD Changer ports on all new equipment as they are focussing on Ipod and the like...

So have a kenwood CD changer for sale on ebay now...

Anyone selling a cheap Ipod nano?

Looking good Jay.

I've just put the SL in to go under the knife this week. Saw the kit in the flesh for the first time on Saturday, and it looks superb - ironic that once in place most of it will not be seen again.

Compared to the Civic it's quite a simple install - just a head unit, iPod adaptor, 3 way components for the doors, 2x 8" subs and the amp on a new rear deck that replaces the rear seat squabs.

Pick it up this weekend, so should be all settled in by the time I come back up your way to collect the retrimmed wheel (which reminds me I must give Lol a call!)

yes do remind him, he is the type that needs a prod occasionally..

oh and dont forget pics of the install!

GRRRR Just got my Kenwood CD Changer.. guess what it doesnt fit! Spoke to Kenwood who say they are scrapping CD Changer ports on all new equipment as they are focussing on Ipod and the like...

So have a kenwood CD changer for sale on ebay now...

Anyone selling a cheap Ipod nano?
Hi Jay,
I never thought about a CD changer:eek:

Have you a link please for your Ebay item?

Regards
John

yes do remind him, he is the type that needs a prod occasionally..

oh and dont forget pics of the install!

Will do, although there won't be much to see! The components will be buried in the doors, and the main "visible" bit will be the rear deck...which will be hiding all the goodies out of sight :D

It's goobye to the faux wood stereo! :rock:

John

Item number is 320277297658, starts at 19.45...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom