ICE problem - w215 CL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SG CL500

Car
FFRR TDV8
The right hand side of my (standard) system doesn't seem to be working.

If I adjust the balance to the left, that side seems to work fine, but if the balance is set all the way to the right there's only a very quiet sound that seems to be eminating from the central speaker - nothing from the door or rear speakers.

Is this a regular problem?

Cheers

This would mean that the main amp has gone down on the RH CH normally the outptut chip and easy to fix,,is it Bose or standard in the car

standard (i believe - no bose logo on the speakers)

thanks television

standard (i believe - no bose logo on the speakers)

thanks television

I have no Bose logo on the speakers but know I have a Bose sound system as it gives me the surround sound options in the sound menu.

Hi SG CL500, I've have the exact some problem on my CL500. I know my system is the standard one, not the Bose. I'll probably have a go over Easter to pull it apart. Does anyone know if we have a remote amp somewhere in the boot or will the amp be built into the Comand.

This is the system,,if you do not have Bose, then you wil not have what is in the link.

Al car have the surround bit as all of the menues are the same in the head unit, that is Command, and the Bose logo will be on the speakers if you have it

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as...GA=722.633&CT=F&cat=65N&SID=82&SGR=305&SGN=10

I know I have Bose because it is on the options. I don't think there is a logo on the speakers, unless it is very discreet.

I've definitely got a Bose sound system but I definitely haven't got those stuck on my speakers. Quite glad about that. :cool:

Yep, done that, have option 810. loudspeaker, sound package (bose) (с 01.12.1986)

Intriguingly, it the COMAND diagnosis analogous amp is not checked. I assume this is what tells the system you have a Bose amp but don't know what effect that has.

Yep, done that, have option 810. loudspeaker, sound package (bose) (с 01.12.1986)

Intriguingly, it the COMAND diagnosis analogous amp is not checked. I assume this is what tells the system you have a Bose amp but don't know what effect that has.

810 includes the amp, the amp ups the standard power to something around 40w RMS

Bose amps do more than add power. The main feature of Bose amps is their sound enhancement capabilities. I've definitely got it, as the build sheet shows the text as above.

Bose amps do more than add power. The main feature of Bose amps is their sound enhancement capabilities. I've definitely got it, as the build sheet shows the text as above.
Yes you posted just when I was looking for my CL sales book 30-09-04

In there is says "surround sound system" as an extra.

The other extras on the 500 are
Garage door opener
Isofix child points
Multi contour back rest
rear head restraints
Sunblind
Bose
Nappa
Wood gear shift
wood wheel
18" 5 spokes
Command TV
Comfort seats
Distronic
heated wheel
keyless go
linguatronic
fridge
remote boot locking
Ski bag
trailor coupling
tyre pressure mon

Yes, which is why I took the presence of surround sound settings in the sound settings, as proof that the build sheet a was correct.

I've checked in the boot and the amp has Bose on it, I'm assuming the owner didn't want them the badges or they've been pulled off.

The key, yes, back on eBay for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom