ICE Query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thmsshaun

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 C300 4Matic, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2015 Triumph Tiger800 XCX
Looking to get a DVD headunit touch screen for sat nav. To run a seperate DVD player and disc changer. What are your thoughts on this one or does anyone have any recommendations. I dont want an all in one unit.

Currently looking at this one.

kvtm700.jpg

http://www.justkenwood.co.uk/stock01/kvtm700.asp

Can get it alot cheaper than that on the above web site.

im not too sure on this one, if you look on www.tmdmedia.net you can get ones with better or similiar specs with built in dvd players or even a seperate dvd player nd TV on its own

Thanks I will take a good look at the site the prices seem very good.

t17nyx said:
im not too sure on this one, if you look on www.tmdmedia.net you can get ones with better or similiar specs with built in dvd players or even a seperate dvd player nd TV on its own

Are these guys reliable, the website doesn't have a postal address and the only contact number is a mobile one?

Mike

Reactions: PJH
MikeL said:
Are these guys reliable, the website doesn't have a postal address and the only contact number is a mobile one?

Mike

I hadnt noticed that one but having just taken a better look I see what you mean. Also whilst the prices are good none are really what I would class as 'Brand' names.

Reactions: PJH
hi mate,

try the new Alpine range V good the D900 has a single dvd built in so will save you on that, and you can attachloadsa bits including the sat nav.

www.hendoncarstereo.co.uk

Alps said:
hi mate,

try the new Alpine range V good the D900 has a single dvd built in so will save you on that, and you can attachloadsa bits including the sat nav.

www.hendoncarstereo.co.uk

Cheers.

Not sure on the in built dvd cos If I have extra monitors put in at some stage I would be restricted as to dvd or Cd. and as you cant watch and drive I would prefer to keep them seperate. The glove box is good for nothing anyway so might just fit a DVD in there.

Must say though have always been impressed with the quality of Alpine.

Last edited:
I would be careful of Hendon car stereo. they sent me the wrong speakers once and refused (in fact got quite nasty) when i asked them to refund the £20 postage it cost me to return them.

I would not use Hendon Car Stereo. They tried to rip me off a couple of yrs ago. Saw a head unit on their website but they wouldn't honour the price when I went to the shop to buy it (I lived quite near them). They were very unpleasant people and also nearly made a total mess of my centre console when trying to take my old head unit out. Steer clear.

i must say ive never actually used hendon car stereo, just use them to compare prices.

As for the in built DVD, you can still use seperate monitors and have different outputs to each monitor! very versitile units.

tmdmedia.nett are very reliable me and lots of my mates have bought from there the products are imported from HK thats why the makes dnt sound familiar but are the elading makes for audio in HK such as avatar and oslon. I have an Avatar monitor with DVD player sepeate and a 2 head rest screens. quality is amazing and they look the Dogs Bollucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom