ice warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crankiejohn

Car
2002 180 elegance auto estate
i have a 2002 c180 elegance,should the car have a ice warning alert,i know it has outside temp reading but my volvo and vectra used to alert you when the temp dropped to 3c
icon4.gif

Not seen this on mine or the wifes car, perhaps the germans figured the frozen screen or the snow and ice would give you a heads up?

Dont forget the typical vectra driver:D

The ovlov driver should have more common sense.

Lynall

Mercedes lack this feature... thank god.. just been driving an Alfa Romeo around the Alps.. the stupid warnings drove me mad until i figured out how to program them out.

"its cold" warning always used to scare the life out of me when I had BMWs...was forever wondering what was wrong with the car when the warning beeper went off!

Not seen this on mine or the wifes car, perhaps the germans figured the frozen screen or the snow and ice would give you a heads up?

Friday morning there was no frost on the car at all - yet when I looked at the outside temp guage it was reading -3C!! Made me take it carefully on the back roads - especially as I disappeared off an ungritted A46 25 years ago after hitting black ice on a similar morning when the car was perfectly clear (no outside temp guage on Mk1 Cavaliers - didn't have the radio on either). :eek:

So youre going to retrofit and audible ice alert then:D.

Lynall

So youre going to retrofit and audible ice alert then:D.
I'll go with the reasoning that a outside temp guage is sufficient and most Merc drivers can read/count.;)

The yellow triangle is your friend.

Mine has been on pretty much constantly the last few days ! :eek:

The yellow triangle is your friend.

Mine has been on pretty much constantly the last few days ! :eek:

Ditto even when switched off the old girl has been flashing me:eek:

Lynall

I've often wondered why Mercs don't have the ice warning alert. Not complaining, just wondered why, that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom